working with MPLAB

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by mhariharasudan, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mhariharasudan

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Hi friends,

Ive been doing some sample codes in assembly language, which i studied through the net.I have some basic knowledge in C programming. I want to Program my PIC 16F877A using C program.Ive downloaded MPLAB for the purpose. Now i dont know how to select my C compiler and how to code it. I know the syntax for C but i dont know what are the different header files to be included, also the syntax for selecting a particular pin from a port,etc.Could anyone help me with this? I also want to know how to select the particular C compiler for the same.It would be great if you could let me know how to use it in MPLAB rather than anyother IDE.
    Thanks in advance

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Microchip now owns Htsoft www.htsoft.com Download the free version(lite). Use the project wizard under project in toolbar. And you are up and ready to explore.
    You can also find some other free alternatives regarding C compilers for MIcrochip MCUs. For the hobbyist I do not think it matter which one you use. Do some testing, use the one you like best. The most popular C compilers are easy intergarated into MPLAB.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. mhariharasudan

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Thanks a lot,i downloaded that compiler and started a sample program as provided in the Quick guide.but when i rebuild it, i get a notification of "Failed to build .coff" file.But the build is also succeeded.