Working 1KW DC/DC converter + schematics

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
Hi guys.

I found one working design for dc/dc converter. It was created from guy called Chester and it was tested for 1KW.
http://www.hilo90mhz.com/electronics/inverter/inverter_new/Dc-DC.GIF

My setup:
Because i already have 8kw winded transformer i was planning to use this on 8/16kw Chester's design but with my transformer. My transformer should work on 200/400 HZ or 400/800HZ frequency (because of the core)

Questions :
- can i use Chester's design in the schematics to gain 8/16KW system ?
- if i can, what should be the first step to do?

Thank you in advance.
Huby

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You give no information at all about what your input voltage is, output voltage and current? I do know this (I worked at a power supply design house for about 8 years) designing a DC-DC converter at power levels above 5kW is extremely difficult and definitely not an internet project.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is by no means clear that you have a transformer(s) that will work at those power levels. I seriously doubt that power scaling "Chester's" design is going to work. The big problem will be finding core materials and wire that will handle the voltage and current without saturation and the effects of elevated temperature.

If you lack the ability and experience to design this yourself then I would rate this thread as potentially hazardous to your health and thus off limits for further discussion. It is for the moderators to decide since this decision is above my pay grade.