Work problems?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The more I watch the world around me,teaching and education is more than its

sounds. There are a lot of outside factors that may go into it,especially college.

You hear people say,everyone don't need college,that may be true,you don't

need a committee that is being advised by another committee to decide that.

I watch the layers of state education at the top,then you have a separate

college system to get you to college,Its insane....its purpose can only be

jobs and power brokers within the government. That is why they can say

it costs so much per student for education. That don't count the extra family

money paid out. You don't want to think about this,do don't think it concerns

you . Wrong you have to educate your kids,if not yours...you must help to pay

for other peoples kids whether you want to or not. You continue to educate

yourself,so when will you get involved,there are so many small pieces that you

would not know where to start. To have political base,each committee needs

a unpaid advisory committee with per diem expense accounts,getting out the

base,feeding them to come out to find absentee ballots for early voting.

This is about work,you have to pay for continueing education to keep your degree.

Its also like added taxes to work,even lawyers have to do this one in the area

of law they practice,if not the court won't allow them to practice before it.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I think up to a certain degree it's normal that people who have announced that they will quit are not as motivated as ones who see their future in the company. No matter what you do, you will not be promoted or get a pay raise. And even if you should have a very bright idea to make work easier or productive or whatever for everyone you would probably not be there long enough to see the results. So your boss and co-workers might already have expected a (small) drop in your motivation, just try not to let it drop too much and don't feel bad about yourself.
I guess maybe they would expect that. I have been given a project that interests me, so I am feeling a little better & more motivated now.

What I find a bit more worrisome is, that you seem to feel kind of depressed despite the fact that you have made this very important decision to go to college - shouldn't you feel some mood of heading for new horizons instead ? Until fall you have plenty of opportunity to prepare for college. I think I saw a thread from you where you already posted the class schedule ? And even if you shouldn't know exactly what is waiting for you, much of the material of the first months is pretty much standard (math is probably the thing most students fear most) and people here will be able to give you lots of advice. Don't waste your time feeling bad about yourself, instead try to think about the success you may have in college and prepare for it. Anyway, I wish you all the best luck for it.
I'm excited to be moving forward, but I also have a lot to be scared about. I'm not your average college-bound teen. I'm married, with 2 kids (one is an infant). I quit my job, I lose health insurance. That's a big risk, and a risk I have to take not just for myself but for my family. I will be supporting my family on 1600$/month (during school season), which is doable because I won't be paying rent, but it won't be a life of luxury. I'm going to be doing lots of odd jobs as I can find them. I have a big move coming up; consolidating 3 bedroom house + 2 car garage into a single room in my parents' house, I will be getting rid of 90% of our stuff - stressful on me & the wife, and when the wife gets stressed, she stresses me out, so it's X2. I'm stressing myself out right now typing this, so I'm going to stop. Thanks for the good wishes.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
@strantor
I heard so many grade school and high school teachers whine about how college is so hard and nobody is going to be there to make you do your homework. When I arrived, my thought was, "All this wonderful information and they are trying to give it to me!" It was like throwing a fish in water :)
Oh I know when I get there I'm going to love it. I'm a different person than I was when I was in high school. In High school I was too busy trying to be "too cool for school" - trying to fit in with all the hoodlums around me. I was smarter than them, but I chose not to play the part, and then I left school still holding on to that mentality. Now I'm older and more mature, I don't care about that. I am free to let my thirst for knowledge take the wheel and I know I will succeed. I just wish I had pulled my head out of my anus at a younger age, it would have been much easier. Now I have to make huge sacrifices for myself & my family. I don't think any of my target audience is here to hear it, but I would like to take a minute to tell all the smart kids in school - Don't be afraid to be nerdy. High school is 4 years that (socially) won't matter down the road. Nobody is going to look back in 10 years and say "man I wish I had more friends in high school" - No, the only thing people look back and say is "Man, I wish I had tried harder and made a better life for myself."
Better late than never.