witricity

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
hello frnds,
i have selected to replicate the witricity experiment on a similar basis and also read all your previous threads but just need to know all are the basic things required for me to start with it i have read a lot about it for the past few months.
so kindly suggest me if any one is listening i want to complt this thing as fast as possible.:)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
First, you need to get a top hat and a magic wand.

Wrap 30 gauge wire 3000 times around the top hat.

Wrap 30 gauge wire 300 times around the magic wand.

Connect a few LEDs on the wand coil.

Put 10 mHz through the hat coil.

Aim the hat at the wand.

Here is the site:
http://www.witricitypower.com/experiment.html
WOW, MAGIC!

Thats where I would start.

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
First, you need to get a top hat and a magic wand.

Wrap 30 gauge wire 3000 times around the top hat.

Wrap 30 gauge wire 300 times around the magic wand.

Connect a few LEDs on the wand coil.

Put 10 mHz through the hat coil.

Aim the hat at the wand.

Here is the site:
http://www.witricitypower.com/experiment.html
WOW, MAGIC!

Thats where I would start.
this site hardly provides me anything
not enough.......
neeed more helps regarding how to generate a resonane in both coils and how to give a 10 mhz frequency

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Here are more detailed instructions: http://www.mit.edu/~soljacic/two_device_wet_APL.pdf

If you are a member of AAAS or subscriber:

Wireless Power Transfer via Strongly Coupled Magnetic Resonances. Andre Kurs, et al. Science 83 (2007); 317.

It took very little time to find these from the link provided by Retched. You might consider going to the Physics Department page at MIT.edu and look at the publications of the faculty who are mentioned on the retched site.

John

amiteshpandey

Joined Jul 15, 2010
hey i am usin a collpits oscillator to generate a 10 mhz freq is it right to use it ???
do suggest me other things....
jus got confused by reading so many article from web so cant stand on one thing
need your helpp guys
......regards

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
hey i am usin a collpits oscillator to generate a 10 mhz freq is it right to use it ???
do suggest me other things....
jus got confused by reading so many article from web so cant stand on one thing
need your helpp guys
......regards
Pick one article from a reputable source. The first one I linked to, for example. Follow the procedure there.

It sounds like you are just beginning in this area. Why try to change what is known to work?

Yes, it is good to review prior art, but your first post indicates you have been doing that for months:

i have selected to replicate the witricity experiment on a similar basis and also read all your previous threads but just need to know all are the basic things required for me to start with it i have read a lot about it for the past few months.
so kindly suggest me if any one is listening i want to complt this thing as fast as possible.
What is your sudden urgency?

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There goes our national time standard, WWV.

Why not try for a nice legal frequency, such as 13.57Mhz? You will still need a license.

zero_coke

Joined Apr 22, 2009
And did the links in that thread actually get you a working device?

If so, why not post what you did here to help everyone else?

John
It's way too long for me to post the contents of that thread here. It is better for him to go there and just read through the some 7 pages of posts. If you follow the advice and input from many people on that thread, you should get a working device. There are other threads started by me on this topic. The OP should do a search on them. The vast amount of information is just too much to post all over here. All the OP needs to do is just read them. They're there.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It's way too long for me to post the contents of that thread here. It is better for him to go there and just read through the some 7 pages of posts. If you follow the advice and input from many people on that thread, you should get a working device. There are other threads started by me on this topic. The OP should do a search on them. The vast amount of information is just too much to post all over here. All the OP needs to do is just read them. They're there.
Did you get a working device? If not, why not? The comment I saw on point was yours, in which you said it didn't work, but that you weren't going to give up.

John

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
If he got it to work, he could post his copious notes so others could replicate the work.

I looked over the other thread and there was no "ahhhha" moment where it worked.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Still, it is all part of doing research. It's how you learn, and it may suggest lines of thinking the OP hasn't done yet.

A large part of electronics, any knowledge actually, is sitting down and doing the reading.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
A large part of electronics, any knowledge actually, is sitting down and doing the reading.
Absolutely! We get ahead by standing on the shoulders of those who went before us. That is the only way we can see where we are going.

Frankly, I was a bit riled by the comment disparaging the research by a pretty distinguished group of physicists at MIT as worthless. I have cooled off a little now. It is still 91°F (heat index) in Cleveland, though.

John

big5824

Joined Jul 15, 2010
Basically all you need is two resonant high Q LC circuits, then just drive one at its resonant frequency and the other will recieve power from it at the optimal efficiency. Just be aware that the field still deminishes with distance^2, so decent efficiency over large distances is impossible unless you scale the coil size with the distance.

This is actually a very simply concept thats been around for 100s of years, so dont be put off by the fact that people are selling this like its dark magic, it can all be explained using very basic equations that your standard A level student has access to.

Last edited: