witricity

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by way2afroz, Feb 22, 2009.

1. way2afroz

Thread Starter Member

Dec 23, 2008
    hi all can any body have an idea about wirless electricity i have an idea i can explain for midrange electricity can anybody guid for large induction motor thanks in advance

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Funny you should show high tension lines. I've heard stories about farmers making coils to tap off these lines going near their barns to power lights. It is illegal of course, theft of service. In the case of high tension lines you have a intense electric field that can be tapped into. There is still a lot of debate whether it is healthy to be exposed to something this intense.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  4. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    If you are powering a large (1 KW or more) induction motor with "wireless" electricity, please make sure that I am nowhere near!

Try Googling "Nikola Tesla" and "Wireless power" together.

5. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    :rolleyes: Wireless Electricity (Tesla coil method) works at very high voltages and frequencies...... induction motors cannot run normally at such high frequencies (forget high voltages).

Inductive reactance of motor will be very high under these conditions!

6. anurag602

Jan 17, 2009
    @way2afroz

u said you know how to work it at midrange electricity. cud u plz elaborate on your setup and its dimensions also how did u obtain the higher frequency (of the order of 10Mhz). i plan to work on witricity as my project and with my virtually background im stuck on the part of obtaining 10Mhz signal which can give sufficient current to light a 60w bulb.im trying to achieve this by using colpitts oscillator.

7. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    you can go in for high frequency inverters like the ones used in emergency lighting or energy saver CFLs....... it will be much lighter on the walet to buy the same from a 2nd hand market! ;)

8. anurag602

Jan 17, 2009
    sum1 suggested me that colpitts oscillator cud be a solution....i tried making it but due to excessive current my inductors got burnt...can u suggest sumthing to make this colpitts oscillator work?

i need a frequency of around 10 MHz...u think i might get from these high frequency inverters? do energy saver CFLs hav these circuit in them,coz then ill get a CFL and break it down to that circuit.

9. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    :cool: Thats the reason i suggested u go in for ready made ckts from 2nd hand markets.

i am not sure whether emergency lights or CFLs work at such high frequencies (10MHz)..... they might be running at much lower Hz, but you could give it a go!

P.S. but why 10 MHz only?...... why not lower or other range of frequencies?..... just curious!

10. anurag602

Jan 17, 2009
    bcoz this phenomenon of wireless electricity works effectively @ higher frequencies...read it sumwhere that it works well at 10MHz.

11. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    Bertus has suggested a link in ur 10MHz post recently..... look it up

12. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Take care with Tesla coils, THEY CAN BE DANGEROUS:

Greetings,
    Bertus

PS this text is made by deepfriedneon

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  13. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    SO VERY TRUE THANX MAN!

14. anurag602

Jan 17, 2009
    i plan to give a 20-30 V dc input to a colpitts oscillator circuit which generates a 10Mhz signal ...this wud be connected to a series LCR circuit comprising of a aluminium coil of radius 20cm and has 5.25 turns with a capacitor and inductor whose reactances cancel out at a frequency of 10MHz.......is there any potential danger in this circuit? thanz for informing about the dangers though.