Wiring - RS 440-442 motors StepperBee+

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Viking4, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Viking4

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Hi, Guy`s,

I`m looking to link two stepper motors to the StepperBee+ but havent a clue how to proceed (I`m a complete novice to the world of electronics).

I would be most grateful if someone would inform me as to which wire goes where on the board, which need to be coupled together, where the power leads go etc so I don`t blow anything.

My intention is to run both motors from two seperate 5vdc supply, which, if I have read right, negates the need for dropper resistors to control the current. Speed of motor is not of great importance, although the motors will, I hope, be capable of manouvering a camera just over a kilo in weight.

Thank you in advance.

RS 440 - 442 Unipolar stepper motor: http://alumni.ipt.pt/~lrafael/esmotor.pdf

Stepper motor`s 8 leads:

Yellow

Green

Black

Red

Yellow/White stripe

Green/White stripe

Black/White stripe

Red/White stripe

StepperBee+: http://www.pc-control.co.uk/images/StepperBee+ Manual.pdf

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Did you notice the following drawings in the given manuals?

By connecting the two sets of white / color wires you can adapt the motor for the stepperbee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bertus

3. Viking4

Apr 22, 2012
    Hi, Bertus, and thank you for your reply.

To the uninitiated like myself these things can look pretty daunting, but better to ask rather than guess and maybe destroy the board or motor.

With regard to the attached thumbnail, which of the wires connect to the positive side of the power supply ?

Many thanks

4. P-MONKE

Mar 14, 2012
    The ones that are joined together (commoned) in the first thumbnail.

5. Viking4

Apr 22, 2012
    Thank you for your reply, P-MONKE, I now feel more confident to give it a go.

Cheers