wiring relays

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by joeygates, Jan 14, 2009.

1. joeygates

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I have a gate system automated gates is my busniess. My problem is I usually do not hook the system up into the alarm panel but at this particular job I have to . This would normallly be a no brainer but what I usually give to the alarm panel is one set of dry contact switch legs n/o. but this time I have two sets so obviosly when I hook them up they are now both tied together so my gates willl now work together ....which in NG. now usually what ive seen them do is what i want to call an isolation relay isolating these two pairs of wires some how through a relay can any one supply me with some sort of diagram for this???

2. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    You want to drive one relay with another?? If your relay is a 2 pole you can use the remaining poles. If not you can replace it with a 3-4 pole relay.. Or can even drive a second relay with the first one?? What is your requirement?

3. joeygates

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Thanks for the reply I actually sent 24vac with a {plug in transformer} through the switch circut and uesed a 2 pole to separate the contacts thnak you for the reply

4. jj_alukkas

Jan 8, 2009
    Thats a good idea.But it would be better if you make it 24vdc with a rectifier... Relays are better on dc. Otherwise it might not latch sometimes..
    If you don't want extra components, replace the present relay with a multipole one.. you can save the onboard relay as well as save the space for a new relay and transformer..

Have a nice day..