Wireless signal alert device

Dtokez

Joined Jan 20, 2010
Hi all, for my btec project I have to design (not make, but I want to make aswel) some kind of electronic solution to a problem.

My idea is to make something similar to a baby monitor, although instead of transmitting audio, it will pick up audio above an adjustable level, and wirelessly send a signal to the receiver that will sound a buzzer and flash a light.

This project is rather more advanced than some of the others that people are doing and I'm struggling to know where to start! I've just been looking at rf devices on the maplins website but im not sure what I would need or how to design the circuitry.

Any help/advice would be very greatly appreciated!

Regards,,

Dan

ps. sorry if I have formatted this text (size etc) but Im not sure what the defaults are

Last edited:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I suggest you take a look at the website www.rentron.com. There they have a number of wireless solutions from which to choose. Of course, you probably already realise that you will also need the audio level detection circuit to go along with the wireless solution you pick.

hgmjr

Dtokez

Joined Jan 20, 2010
Thank you for that link, starting to have a look through it now.

I managed to forget some info in the original post! Ive just ordered these modules..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290362457473&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

along with some TL072 op amps that im hoping to use for the microphone processing stage, its just how to bring it all together that im struggling with.

Im also not sure on how to have the buzzer latching on at the recieving end?

thanks for your time