Wireless Remote Control

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by gatzrulz, Feb 23, 2009.

1. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Dear Frnds,

Can anyone help me out..

I want to use more than 10 transmitters and receivers as remote control and sensor to control certain operation.. how should i do that. my frequency should not be more than 100 Mhz...one more thing one transmitter signal should not interfere with other signals...can any body help me pls..

Thanks In Advance.

Gatz

2. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    At what distance range?

3. ascari

Feb 26, 2009
    If you can use another frequency think on 310 or 314 and 415 MHz.. there are very easy to use RF circuits.

They are known as TWS and RWS followed by the frequency.

They are as simple as getting the receiver,some resistors, one led, decoder and voltage. Then the transmitter, some resitors, one switch, encoder and voltage.+

Press the switch and you'll see the led on... release the switch and the led will go off.

That easy.. then you can connect a microcontroller to send up to 4 bits of data and you can have up to 256 devices controlled by one transmitter... just read the datasheet. It's very easy.

I hope that helps. Where are you from?

Regards,

4. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Frnds Thanks alot for the reply..

Actually am from industry and am doing my development project.. so initial stage i can not go for higher frequency range.. because it needs FCC regualtion certificates n license.. i hav constructed one with TWS & RWS kit but transmission frequency matters.

my distance should not be more than 110 metres..

Hope u understand my problem..

Thanks in advance..

Am from chennai - india

Gatz

5. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008
    110 metres

6. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008

Frnd

the frequency shold be under FCC license limit..one more thing am going to keep some 10 transmitter modules and receivers in different vehicles..if by chance all at meet at a place it should not get malfunctioning..

Hope u got it..

Gatz

7. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008

Thanks,

Can u send me the FCC reg & License agreements..i do hav little idea.. but need to know more abt it....

Gatz

8. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    You do not need any FCC anything for use in your country.
    You can use 49MHz, 27 MHz or any licensed commercial band frequency 30 to 50MHz, they are all <100MHz; or if what you really want is to transmit 10 commands to 110 metres distance line of sight; replace the infrared led in a television remote control with a laser diode; will get the range and many more than 10 channels, as many as buttons you can find in the remote control.
    A microcontroller can decipher 10 outputs or more at the phototransistor receiving end.

Or, go with your CB radio, 40 channels to choose in 27MHz; and get 10 CB receivers in 27 MHz.

9. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Frnd,

Thank u i hav already seen it... but i live in india....Anyway thanks alot for your interest..if u can suggest me something which will help me out in getting it done...that would be grt....

Gatz.

10. gatzrulz

Thread Starter Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Thanks alot,

i will check it again but i can not use IR... mine will hav structural disdurbances in between....

Gatz.

11. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Perhaps not, but one would be well advised to check with any similar regulatory agency which does apply in one's home nation.