Wireless Guitar System

Brogkul

Joined Mar 7, 2013
I want to build a wireless guitar system for my project this semester. I'm assuming it would have to be RF. I need to build the transmitter and the receiver.
I was wondering if any of you has already done this circuit, I looked for it with the search function and found nothing.
Any schematics would be much appreciated. So would be any advice related to working with RF.
Thanks in advance.

Brogkul

Joined Mar 7, 2013
I'm halfway through Communications Engineering. So far I've seen basic electronics, circuit theory, and digital systems. I haven't taken any course in RF yet. I've taken a course in signal analysis and I'm currently taking a course in digital signal processing and a course in antennas and propagation.
I've spoken with my teacher regarding this project and he agrees it may be beyond my current capabilities.
Still I would like to keep this thread alive because I eventually will build this since I'm very interested in it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Wireless microphones and wireless adapters for guitars have been available for at least 10 years, maybe 20. An FM receiver is now a one chip job.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't think so, but that's because I'm an old analog guy. Somebody else would know better how much of this job can be done with a digital approach. I defer to the digital nerds.

med1939

Joined Mar 2, 2013
Cool. Solution most simple. Build small double transistor FM transmitter, circuit available from me, choose quite spot in FM broadcast band, Play-n-Go

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Wireless microphones and wireless adapters for guitars have been available for at least 10 years, maybe 20. An FM receiver is now a one chip job.
I remember in University in 1977 one of the guys was doing one for his senior project. I think they use the FM band (88 - 108 MHz)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Ebay is full of one-chip FM receiver modules. You just attach a battery, a speaker and a couple of buttons for selecting the station.

Then for the transmitter just google "high sound quality FM transmitter", "HiFi FM transmitter" or similar.