wireless electricity project....help me plz..

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by geogaurav, Nov 24, 2009.

1. geogaurav

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    hi, m trying to work on witricity to light a bulb but m not getting the basic circuit correct.can anybody plz help me....???
    i want to start from low power thats y m working with low power bulb, so i think function generator can be used to feed input to transmitter cicuit...
    plz help me regarding d practical circuit for this.....
    [​IMG]

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Not sure there is one. None of my experiments have been successful. Must be the lack of sunspots.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Describe what you are trying to do? We're working in a vacuum.

I'm willing to believe I'm wrong on this one, but I'm not very enthusiastic. My problem is you have to enhance a magnetic field while leaving the electric field nonexistant (or visa versa, as with Tesla). If you have both then that is a radio wave, which is fundimentally illegal because of broadcast restrictions.

For a heavy duty magnetic field you will need to two tuned coils with huge inductors (and really heavy wire, the less resisance the better) with really small capacitors, tuned to a high degree of exactness. You will also need a monster amplifier, you're not going to use a wimpy function generator to broadcast power. To get 60W at the reciever you will likely have to input 600W, or 6,000W. The coupling is going to be lossy (as an understatement).

A Tesla Coil is also a great transmitter of power. It will light up a flourescent at a long distance, not counting the lightning. This is done with the electric field.

So pick a media (magnetic is much safer), and show us what you are trying to do.

4. robotkid2495

Oct 28, 2009
  5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    The new issue of Nuts & Volts magazine(Dec 09) on page 13, has a small story about this. Sony announced they can now transfer 60W a distance of 19.7 inches! From a 80W source. http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200910/09-119E/

It seems that power density drops off at the square of the distance.

6. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
  7. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    That falls in line with radio wave propagation theory.

60% efficiency sounds like it took 100W to produce 60W.

8. geogaurav

Nov 18, 2009
    m not wrried about efficiency, first i need to implement d circuit.i'l be workin on coil coupling which includes magnetic field, but not able to get correct circuit...

[​IMG] Capturewitri.PNG

will this circuit work...??click on it to hav a large view of d circuit

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  9. geogaurav

Nov 18, 2009
  10. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
    I regretted getting involved with the last thread of this topic. If I did it again I would have to wrap duct tape (triple wrapped) around my head! The duct tape technique is theoretically supposed the protect your family from flying debris in case of a cranial explosion. We used to put masking tape on our S. Florida windows when hurricanes were bearing down on us but we don't do that anymore. If I do get involved with this thead, I can only hope that the duct tape works better than the masking tape on the windows thing.. :rolleyes:

11. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  12. geogaurav

Nov 18, 2009
    well....ok...i think its betr 4 u to 'wrap duct tape'....u'll feel nice....bst of luck...thanx...

13. geogaurav

Nov 18, 2009
    thanx sir, u hv provided me vry useful info...i'll work on dat...do reply if u hv any mor info on dat...thank u vry much..

14. geogaurav

Nov 18, 2009
    hi all, i hv a circuit. can anybody tell me, will dat work or not....??? Circuit_witri.png

15. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    What's wrong with your keyboard?

16. CDRIVE

Jul 1, 2008
  17. zero_coke

Apr 22, 2009

Hey man don't use my drawings. Thats my drawing.

A lot of people helped me out on my thread. Go read my thread and don't take other people's work and claim it yours.

18. sandra ann

Dec 1, 2014
    Can someone post a complete circuit diagram of producing witricity. It would be helpful for my project. Plzzzz.......

19. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Could you please get over trying to treat this as a texting-thing and write in complete sentences?

20. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Wait a minute here. I'm using cell phone out in the middle of nowhere at a fraccing site in the North Dakota prairie with one bar of service and all of my text still gets through. :confused: