Wireless download video ideas

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by BReeves, Sep 23, 2014.

1. BReeves

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Have a project that I need a few ideas on. Have a GoPro camera that records a video file. Now we have to remove the memory card to transfer the file to a computer. What we need to do is transfer a recorded video file via a wireless connection rather than physically moving a memory card. The camera dosn't have to be a GoPro but it does need to be portable and as small as posible.

We can't just use a wireless camera as the camera is moving when recording and a full time wireless connection wouldn't be realiable enough. We want to record the video to camera memory then download it when the camera gets back to the start point.

Thought you guys might have a few ideas on how to do this.
    Thanks

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    An iPhone will do this. Takes video, sends it to the cloud whenever a data connection is available. You could probably accomplish the same thing with a computer+camera combo. I haven't seen a camera that will do this on its own, but they might be out there. My wife's point-n-shoot can do wireless transfers. That's just one step away from an automated transfer when a network is detected.

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    seems there is stuff out there already for the gopro
    http://cam-do.com/WiGo/
    and more..

or just plug in the cord.. you don't need to remove the memory card.

wayneh likes this.
  4. BReeves

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Thanks a bunch, that WiGo web site may just be the answer.