Wireless download video ideas

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
Have a project that I need a few ideas on. Have a GoPro camera that records a video file. Now we have to remove the memory card to transfer the file to a computer. What we need to do is transfer a recorded video file via a wireless connection rather than physically moving a memory card. The camera dosn't have to be a GoPro but it does need to be portable and as small as posible.

We can't just use a wireless camera as the camera is moving when recording and a full time wireless connection wouldn't be realiable enough. We want to record the video to camera memory then download it when the camera gets back to the start point.

Thought you guys might have a few ideas on how to do this.
Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
An iPhone will do this. Takes video, sends it to the cloud whenever a data connection is available. You could probably accomplish the same thing with a computer+camera combo. I haven't seen a camera that will do this on its own, but they might be out there. My wife's point-n-shoot can do wireless transfers. That's just one step away from an automated transfer when a network is detected.