wireless communication / component selection help

icydash

Joined Jan 14, 2009
Hi! So I'm trying to design a circuit where on one end, if i hit a regular push button switch, it causes a wireless signal (maybe the word "turned on" if the switch is on, or "turned off" if the switch is off, using perhaps a zigbee?) to be sent to a wireless receiver on the other end. The wireless receiver then sends the data to a microcontroller, which decides what to do based on if it receives the "turned on" or "turned off" signal.

If it's "turned on," the microcontroller will allow a guitar signal (AC) to be conducted through one wire/path, and if it's "turned off" it will direct the guitar signal through a default path (another wire).

I have a lot of questions regarding components. I want the receiving end to fit in the smallest possible case. Literally, if I can do the whole thing in something the size of my thumb, etc, that would be fantastic. I was hoping people could provide me with easy to use wireless component options, microcontroller options, etc. That would be extremely useful since I'm not that aware of what's out there. I guess the smallest microcontroller/wireless unit that is still solderable and easy to prototype with is what i'm looking for. Cost / money (right now) is not a problem, though it may be in the future, so please post both expensive and cheap options should i have to replace components due to monetary constraints later on. The wireless signal doesn't need to go more than 50-100 ft, and will be pretty much line-of-sight, but will be used with a full guitar rig / PA system all around it (not sure if this matters).

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

icydash

Joined Jan 14, 2009
no one knows about microcontrollers or wireless modules? I don't really know anything about either one so any recommendations at all would be helpful.