wireless charging

urniel

Joined Nov 15, 2013
i'm thinking of creating a wireless charger for my project.
it is not similar to the existing wireless chargers but uses some sort of radio frequency etc which can charge many cellphones at once while the phone is on the move.
but i'm quite unsure how to do it...
any suggestions..??:confused::confused:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
1) You would need a very high power transmission.
2) What frequency are you proposing to use? In most countries the radio spectrum is highly regulated and only limited frequency bands can legally be used by amateurs.
3) In view of (1) your transmission will be easily detected by the authorities and if it is not at a legal frequency you will have months in a small cell to wish it had been :).
4) Cellphones are not inherently adapted to be charged over the airwaves.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
it is not similar to the existing wireless chargers but uses some sort of radio frequency etc which can charge many cellphones at once while the phone is on the move.
I worked on two of these projects with two of the biggest component suppliers to the cell phone industry. After most of the original design requirements could not be met, the projects were cancelled. We will not have universal charging mats for cell phones anytime soon as OEM features. We will definitely not have charge-while-the-phone-is-in-your-pocket-and-you-walk-around-your-living room ever.

I think the World Hunger idea above will be easier.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Brilliance is not in the idea, brilliance is in the solution!

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Without idea, there can never be a solution :D
Agreed, but developing ideas like "transmit usable energy across a room (and recharge a battery)" is in idea thought about or desired by millions of people. It it does not take brilliance to want something (or to describe how lazy you are ).

Edison invented the light bulb but he is not the first to realize the electricity could generate light. Edison said it well, invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Said another way by AOL CEO, Steven Case, "in the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably an hallucination."