Wireless Camera Shutter remote

guitarguy12387

Joined Apr 10, 2008
Hey everyone,

Well i want to build a simple wireless shutter remote for my Canon XTi. I found the pinouts for the wired remotes... and i figured why not take it a step further and build an RF remote.

I have essentially zero experience with any type of RF communication, so i'm hoping to use this as an opportunity to learn as well as save me a couple bucks.

So i'm mostly looking for suggestions about a wireless transmitter/receiver that is cheap and will do the trick... anyone?

Thanks in advance.

tkng211

Joined Jan 4, 2008
You may buy a cheap wireless door bell and modify the output of the bell to meet the requirement of the remote shutter. Those wireless door bell are coded by MCU to avoid interference or false triggering.

guitarguy12387

Joined Apr 10, 2008
Ahhh thats not a bad idea. Does that just send a pulse though? I'd like to use a momentary switch so, when i use the bulb function, the shutter will stay open as long as the momentary switch is pressed...

tkng211

Joined Jan 4, 2008
I believe it's a pulse triggering. If your camera has the 'B' shutter setting, you can add D-Flip-Flog circuit to the bell. So you can switch on the shutter by one press and switch off it by another.