WinXP+Firefox in 3 computers - Inconsistent behavior

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Two PCs and one laptop, all running WinXP SP3 and the last version of Firefox.

To open the same page (access to my webmail):

One shows immediately the user name and the password.

The other waits for a click on the textbox and suggests the user name. Once inserted, the password is inserted as well.

The third, just does nothing. I have to type everything.

Tired of looking for wrongly tweaked settings I reinstalled Firefox, to no avail. Everything stays the same.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
This page describes the about: URL in Firefox. Typing about:config for the URL gets a huge page of config info. Check it and others for differences in stored passwords etc.

Good Luck!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
This page describes the about: URL in Firefox. Typing about:config for the URL gets a huge page of config info. Check it and others for differences in stored passwords etc.

Good Luck!
Gracias for replying, John. Could you show exactly what to type, please?

"about:config" besides starting with a warning, shows just a long list.

Discovered "about:about" but still do not know what to do.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Gracias for replying, John. Could you show exactly what to type, please?

"about:config" besides starting with a warning, shows just a long list.

Discovered "about:about" but still do not know what to do.
De nada! Sorry, but I don't know all of the setups that well. I pointed out 'about' as a starting place. The only time I used it was to clear up a disappearing drop-down window problem and getting it to restart on the home page instead of all of the open tabs from a previous session. That was after hitting the Mozilla support forum. I did find that it was the only way I could solve my problems as the standard setup dialog didn't work for me either. Sometimes F/F can be a little flakey.

Try posting your question on the Mozilla support forum if you can't find it already answered as I did.

Good luck!

Last edited: