Winter chores

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Today I wait for the roofer to show up. Less than one year old roof and the squirrels have eaten the lead boots off the sewer vents. Things that make you go, "Hmmm..."

What? Squirrels eat lead? Lead isn't even a type of food! What's the deal? Lead has a special, chewy, wonderfulness that squirrels find satisfying and delicious?

Never mind that. How do you persuade a squirrel that YOUR lead is not special, chewy, and wonderful? After we get done with that, we'll work on why I thought a roofing company would know the answer to that and why that made a teenage girl start crying. I don't get it. Whom else would I ask? A bunch of electronics nerds?
I don't have destructive squirrels. I DO have a Crossman 760 .177 pellet gun with an 8X scope. We have an uneasy agreement. Frolic in the trees, OK. Eat the birdseed, OK. Tease the dog by dropping nuts on her head, OK. Chew on the HardyBoard - bang. So far, we have an accord.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The roofer guy showed up at 5:20 pm. I was thinking, "Either he will punch me on the nose for making his daughter cry or he will be all kissy face".

He kissed.

Whew!

Last sentence in the conversation was, "I'll have it done in 24 hours and give you credit for the hundred dollar sales commission I haven't paid you (for 7 months)."

Great. Saves me from having an amateur (myself) fix it and I get the benefit of the money he was cheating me out of. I'll let you know if he jacks the bill up to cover the cost of my sales commission.

Now...what's next on the list of winter chores...

Edit: The kitchen faucet leaks around the handle. Probably needs a rebuild kit. Twelve bucks and an easy job. Don't even have to crawl under the sink.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
He kissed.
You should have just punched him in the nose:p

Just kidding, Good deal:)

I just saved some bucks on un-filed taxes today. I used turbo tax one year and it didn't complete the electronic filing. So, I printed it and was going to mail it and put it off.

I got a letter last week from the State pay $1000 or else. So, I disputed the penalty and faxed them the filing for 2009.

Today they closed the case, now I get $300 back. Time to by Grampa a Christmas present a nice shiny 250gig SSD.

I discovered by whim, that language learning probably would be better doing.Precourse learning or doing to reinforce the structure of getting things done is thru a precursor in Morse Code.For most individuals who can't speak another language is lock in confusion. It sound gibberish.So if they can learn Morse Code it can help them to forcus on the differential equation of differentiation in tones separation.This would increase their IQ Attentiveness.Which would make a probability to gaining more patience to doing a chosen task with joy.All Morse Code operators has that special IQ that is needed for quick conception and understanding. The discrimination that is involved in such task.The Dot and Dash ,kinda like zero and one in the digital media,Yes this is done as a daily chore, a remarking change would take place in the joy of doing other activities.Besides in bring relationship to a more rapport intercourse.Which it seems that killivolt prosper fro such patience.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
For most individuals who can't speak another language is lock in confusion. It sound gibberish.
This is also a brain defect that sometimes happens to old people. "I hear you speaking, but my brain is not interpreting those sounds as words." Fortunately, I can still read.:D

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I discovered by whim, that language learning probably would be better doing.Precourse learning or doing to reinforce the structure of getting things done is thru a precursor in Morse Code.For most individuals who can't speak another language is lock in confusion. It sound gibberish.So if they can learn Morse Code it can help them to forcus on the differential equation of differentiation in tones separation.This would increase their IQ Attentiveness.Which would make a probability to gaining more patience to doing a chosen task with joy.All Morse Code operators has that special IQ that is needed for quick conception and understanding. The discrimination that is involved in such task.The Dot and Dash ,kinda like zero and one in the digital media,Yes this is done as a daily chore, a remarking change would take place in the joy of doing other activities.Besides in bring relationship to a more rapport intercourse.Which it seems that killivolt prosper fro such patience.
Did you find a stash of Loosewire's medication? :eek:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In 1968, I saw a hole in a concrete block wall, 5 feet below ground level, that a rat had chewed through.:eek:

Unfortunately, the rat died before we could interrogate him.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I doubt that the concrete, "set up" in the chemical sense of the word, which means coupling with water molecules to make calcium something lotsa hydrates. That process finished decades before the rat gnawed through the wall. I think it would be very uncomfortable, maybe even fatal, if he swallowed it, which brings us to a long standing and often misunderstood question: Spit or swallow? I'd think the rat would have the sense to spit, but recent internet searches for squirrels chewing the lead off my sewer pipes indicates that they swallow the lead. I wonder if they are really so stupid that they swallow everything they gnaw on, even if it kills them. That would make it especially easy to get them to eat poison.

Meanwhile, I mounted an aluminum can crusher in the laundry room and fixed the kitchen faucet. Winter is the best time to do physical chores in Florida!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The local definition of winter is, "Night temperatures below 70F".
This week, the temperature range for day and night is 60F to 75F.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I've been to Florida a couple of times in the spring and fall. In summer it must be hotter than hell. If you don't have air conditioning in your home or car you are toast.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ 12 , your temp is like light and day compared to South Florida ,its the hot and cold spells

that make a different's. I wanted to be a tycoon and own property all over Florida ,untill

I would visit and run into your no-see u'ms and chiggers on a hot day in north Florida.

I decided that South Florida was best for me , the guy that promised to share & pigs.

Well it was bad year for corn all the time and the hog didn't have any little baby pigs.

That north Florida charm ,some body grew a crop of pot on some land ,heard about it

later. The Florida pine was stripped from from the floor and wall, North Florida charm.

Even stole a sink hole ,by messing with paper work. You know a rock's and tree stump's

are the boundries.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ ShortBus , how about some zeping information about dipping my motor cycle

fuel tank for rust inside and out......If you know...what's the name of the stuff.

They want $500.00 dollars for a new tank. So far one tire is holding air ,got a

new battery. The seat was molded foam ,just need to cover it. Got me three of

lobster shipping coolers laid out. The seat in one ,tools in another zep and misc in

the other. more to come.......On the front wheel was not locked ,I won't be going

around in circles.