Please tell me how i can see how many windows xp activations i still have left

Thanks for the help

Soda

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009

soda

Joined Dec 7, 2008
Hi t06afre,

No, I don't want to crack the activation, i just wanted to know how many activations i got leftover. When you buy a new OS you usually get 5 activations, but i forgot how many i still have.

soda

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hi t06afre,

No, I don't want to crack the activation, i just wanted to know how many activations i got leftover. When you buy a new OS you usually get 5 activations, but i forgot how many i still have.

soda

You only get 3 with Microsoft OS's...... You can still reactivate after that by calling the 1 800 # they provide if activation fails, an automated system will give you a new ID........

So technically, you never run out of activations..... only if your OS is already running on someone elses PC, then that is considered pirating.....

My .02

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi t06afre,

None of my suggestions involves cracking. Norton Ghost is made by the same firm that make Norton antivirus. And the other hint is not cracking at all. The moderator(s) do not allow any advices involving cracking on this site.

soda

Joined Dec 7, 2008
t06afre and all the other members, thanks for all the help. I call that number to activate my system.t06afre,I did not mean to offend you at all. Sorry for that.

soda

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You only get 3 with Microsoft OS's...... You can still reactivate after that by calling the 1 800 # they provide if activation fails, an automated system will give you a new ID........

So technically, you never run out of activations..... only if your OS is already running on someone elses PC, then that is considered pirating.....

My .02
I have reloaded my OS at least a dozed times or so, after installing it for the first time, so if there is an activation limit then it is reset automatically over time.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I have reloaded my OS at least a dozed times or so, after installing it for the first time, so if there is an activation limit then it is reset automatically over time.

What OS are you using?? If it is win98 or Win2k there are no limitations since you dont have to activate it online.... XP,Vista, and 7 require you to activate online, and most of the time if it is a preloaded OS on your system and you use the system restore, you won't have to re activate it, since the restore is just "putting things back the way they were"....

My .02

Natakel

Joined Oct 11, 2008
What OS are you using?? If it is win98 or Win2k there are no limitations since you dont have to activate it online.... XP,Vista, and 7 require you to activate online, and most of the time if it is a preloaded OS on your system and you use the system restore, you won't have to re activate it, since the restore is just "putting things back the way they were"....

My .02
Exactly. I had an old eMachines with XP that had restore disks (remember when they used to provide those . . . the good 'ol days). The disks were just a Norton Ghost image of the computer as it came from the factory. I liked Ghost so much I went out and bought it, so I could make my own "restore" disks as time went by and service packs came out from M.S. I probably restored that thing at least ten times - never did have to reactivate XP.

The only times I have ever had to reactivate Windows was when I made enough hardware changes on a system to trigger the software into "thinking" it might be running on a different computer (motherboard).