Win 7 on DV5 1254US laptop?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys I was given this weak a Laptop HP Pavilion DV-5-1254 US and came win Win Vista but had problems i tried to repair it but i did a recovery that went sour and i lost the OPS vista,now i'm thinking of getting one of those Win7 Premium 64 bit oem Full built and install from scratch.
My question will this HP PC will install and will i have all the software to make it run good?

http://www.premiumgeeks.com/laptop/h...-1254us-specs/

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Here's some info from HP.
In general, it should install but you might run into driver issues depending on the computer. If the peripherals are proprietary HP, you might have to get them from HP - if they are available.
That said, I've installed Win7 OEM on various notebooks of varying pedigrees with no problems. I've never had a driver issue that it didn't fix itself.
It wouldn't hurt to google 'Installing windows 7 on HP Pavilion DV5 1254'. When I did, there were a few things that popped up.
You also might try the 'HP Recovery Kit' available here.
Good luck.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Thanks guys but i don't have Vista anymore, on the HP laptop i installed Linux that is running fine,some body mentioned that,Not to install HP Protect Smart from Hp to download drivers , that causes the PC to fail, i wonder if that's true !

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys; Update on win 7; today I had a Lucky day i solved my Win 7 Situation and only spent 50 Bucks,i went to town and i decided to enter in one of the Pawnshops in the area,
and in the shelf i noticed an HP Laptop just like mine except color was Black,while mine is dark silver,and it has Windows 7 Home Premium,although it came from Factory with Win Vista, the previous owner must had replaced the Win Vista with Win 7,still had the win Vista Logo sticker on it, the Mod.# HP Pavilion DV-6 1259DX, 6 GB Mem everything else is same of HP DV-5 1254,it had a couple keys taped up with scotch tape, and battery was dry, What was no big deal i already repaired those easy.
Well story short, i saw the price tag and it was marked as it is, 100.00 US
dollars, as always i argue price on Flee market stuff i buy, i offered 50.00 dollars, i did not think that they would let it go for that much but for my surprise they said Yes, if you i pay the Taxes which were only 3 bucks,i was so happy because the Laptop works great the win 7 is fast, doesn't have all that crap they install at the dealers, is fast to boot it's 5 times faster than the Win vista that i had in the other HP DV5,this was my best find and purchase ever. Thanks everybody for trying to help, for you all have a Merry Christmas.