Will this AC/DC adaptor work for a network router?

expat98

Joined Apr 13, 2005
I have a Linksys broadband router that I got in the U.S., and for some reason the AC/DC adaptor that it came with does not accept 220V/50Hz input. I need to use this router abroad, so I am looking for a replacement AC/DC adaptor that works anywhere.

The specs on the AC/DC adaptor that came with the router read as follows:

MODEL NO.: D12-1A
INPUT: 120V 60Hz 23W
OUTPUT: 12VDC 1000mA

I am looking at the "Universal AC/DC Adapter 1000ma-SS105" at this link: http://www.dvdoverseas.com/store/index.html?catalog12_0.html

Can anyone tell me if this will work? The specs listed for this adaptor read as follows:

- Switchable 110V and 220V 50/60 HZ
- Output : 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9 and 12V DC
- 1000ma max

I do not understand why different voltages are listed for the output. Is there a switch to set it to the voltage I need (12V in my case) or what?

Or can someone recommend a different AC/DC adaptor that would work with this router?

Thanks for any help on this.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
Yes there is a switch, click on th e pic and you will see a sliding switch.
It should work for your purpose although if you only need a 12v supply this might b a lil' excessive. thx l8er

-fire

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi expat98

there is a selector for you electrical source whether 110vac or 220vac and another selector for you to choose for what ever dc output voltage you need.

i dont' know what country you will use it but what i can say is there are other better durable brands than what you are contemplating to buy. :)

expat98

Joined Apr 13, 2005
Originally posted by mozikluv@Apr 13 2005, 09:22 PM
hi expat98

i dont' know what country you will use it but what i can say is there are other better durable brands than what you are contemplating to buy. :)
[post=6908]Quoted post[/post]​
Mozikluv, can you point me to a link where I may be able to find a better adaptor? I want to get a good one - I will be using this in Thailand, and if I get one that stops working then I won't be able to find another one easily there.

thanks

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by expat98@Apr 13 2005, 10:03 PM
Mozikluv, can you point me to a link where I may be able to find a better adaptor? I want to get a good one - I will be using this in Thailand, and if I get one that stops working then I won't be able to find another one easily there.

thanks
[post=6917]Quoted post[/post]​
can't say what brand but try to get those made in Singapore, Malaysia or Japan.

try this parts & equipment distributor,

adaptors

this is where i get my electronic parts
B)