Will it work?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by fastcircuit, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastcircuit

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    so i built a box for my step dad, but he says its really dark in the box and hard to see at night when hes driving his truck, so i'm adding LEDs in, but i want them on a potentiometer, is this the correct wiring for it? been a while since i went to core school. And as far at the potentiometer is concerned do i wire the lead coming from the truck to the center or to the post that it varies on? sorry for the bad drawing

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1837474227770.2084178.1567935284

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    [​IMG]

The basics are there, though I can't tell if the LEDs are going to work because you are so far outside schematics convention. Focus on that circuit specifically, I will explain why.

Automotive circuits are banned at AAC. If you keep this an LED question I don't think the moderators will have a problem with it. So remove this context and we can teach you about LEDs. You may have to open a second thread to separate the two.

You also posted in the wrong forum, this should be in the electronics chat forum.

Here is a tutorial I posted a long while back about LEDS (and more)...

LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers

3. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    As Bill has indicated, here at the AAC forum, we do not permit the discussion of circuits dealing with automotive.

There are a number of very competent websites that specialize in automotive related designs. A few of them are listed in one of our "sticky".

Read this link

hgmjr

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.