WIFI module to TV.

arunkumar2k5

Joined Aug 28, 2009
Hi all ,

I have a small idea , thought i can share it and get it more implemetable.

Now the TVs come with in buit Wifi , we can connect it to internet and watch Youtube videos.

I am thinking of a module (costing about 150 - 200 $) which can fit in to exisiting TV and change that wifi .

To my knowledge , all you need is a small embedded mother board which can run Linux in it. I should have a WIFI, VGA out put. We need to attach a VGA-PAL convertor to it and thats it , the module is ready to use.

Feel free to comment this idea :rolleyes:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Do you intend this to be different than the commercial devices already being sold? The AppleTV is a specialized example, but there are others.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Seems your wanting to make a WiFi enabled media center for older TV's.. OF which there are already many saturating the market for newer or older TV's.
OF course people that are interested in streaming TV/Video,etc.. over WiFi have the money to buy a blue ray/new TV,etc.. all with this functionality already. What advantages will your device have when I can get a web/Wifi enabled blueray DVD player with built in Netflix/Hulu,etc.. for around $100 bucks.

If you had this idea 10 years ago you might have something no its nothing new... Keep thinking though