Wife is out the door!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Ex and daughter came to visit yesterday to see how I am doing. Good visit. The kitties got attention, daughter got to watch TV and I got an unexpected haircut.

She loaded up a few things she needed for her arts and crafts work and that was all she wanted. It was a good day. :cool:

Now today being she forgot to take my Dremel I got called to bring it to her to which point I said no being I have no need to go to town today for anything.
I told her she will either have to wait until I come to town for something later in the week or to go and buy her own but she went into a mild fit about how she doesn't have the money for one to which I replied that she can always drive out here and use mine. :)

Oh heck no. The roads might be icy so I should bring mine to her. I said no being if the roads are icy I don't want to drive on them either. Especially so for something I do not need to do tht has no benefit to me whatsoever.

She ended the call in a huff saying that she will remember this when I ask her for a favor. I told her I can't see me ever needing any favors from her so what was her point? o_O

I really don't think she follows how showing someone no respect for two plus years divorcing them and moving out of their house works towards getting them to do much of anything for you when they don't want to. :rolleyes:

But maybe it's just me. I've never been good at figuring out relationships. :p

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I have noticed that impatient people have absolutely no clue how a patient person's mind and reasoning works yet patient people seem to have no problem understanding the thought processes of the impatient persons.

The thing I tried to teach her right from the beginning was that if you want it done your way and done right now you are probably best off to do it yourself but if you can't do it yourself you had better learn how to use patience and tact when getting someone who does know how to do it to help you.

She never got that lesson. Do it her way and do it now or suffer her wrath was always her solution.

Meh. This old ship has weather'd far worse storms in its life. :p

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
..........She ended the call in a huff saying that she will remember this when I ask her for a favor..................
Your ex might forget her daughters birthday but she will never forget that you refused her. Years from now, if she gets a chance to stick it to you, she will, and remind you in full detail, how and when, you didn't bring her your Dremel tool during a blinding show storm. :p:p

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Fortunately most days she can't remember what she was mad about 2 hours ago or whether it was a real or imagined event she was mad about at that. :rolleyes:

One of her biggest reasons she wanted to move to town was for the convenience of not having to drive 15 miles and back to go and get something yet now that she is in town she can't go anywhere because she has no money to spend which to me makes the convenience of being close to the stores totally worthless. :oops:

She's on her way to being my Ex so what exactly am I supposed to care about when it comes to her temperament and memory or the conveniences of whatever? :p

She is getting things exactly as she wanted them so who am I to ruin the reality of her realizing the shortfalls of her decisions? :D

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
She's on her way to being my Ex so what exactly am I supposed to care about when it comes to her temperament and memory or the conveniences of whatever? :p

She is getting things exactly as she wanted them so who am I to ruin the reality of her realizing the shortfalls of her decisions? :D
Just so she doesn't realize she could get another grand a month. :D:eek:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Paperwork has already been signed, notary public stamped and submitted to the courthouse saying she wants nothing from me.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Fortunately most days she can't remember what she was mad about 2 hours ago or whether it was a real or imagined event she was mad about at that. :rolleyes:
wow... is that for real?

when my wife gets upset over something crazy, first she fumes a little, then more, then much more... then she is consumed with rage, etc. eventually she starts calming down, and thing are back to normal. this used to be so much fun since the whole episode usually took some 3-5 weeks, but eventually she got that down to a day or two. sigh, good old days...

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
wow... is that for real?
Unfortunately yes. Her memory or apparent lack of has been a huge stumbling point in communication for us.

How do you convince someone with terrible memory that you have had multiple arguments over a fairly long period of time about their bad memory since every time you try they claim it never happened before?

Our daughter is 7 and she makes a lot of comments about her moms lack of being able to remember simple things from one moment to the next and getting mad at her for pushing the subject.

The wife's argument was that since "no one else is clearly willing to put any effort into remembering and keeping track of and running every tiny aspect of life" that she has to and thus that's why she slips up from time to time. Personally most of what she obsesses about are things that I find most people never put much of any thought into let alone try to control them.

She has always had severe control issues and I think a lot of it has to do with terrible memory and trying to hide it. :(

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Paperwork has already been signed, notary public stamped and submitted to the courthouse saying she wants nothing from me.
I worked with a guy who's ex came back years later, after discovering he had a 401k or some other retirement asset, and she decided she wanted it. The judge did the right thing, but it was shocking to me that he even had to respond to such nonsense.

Not trying to scare you. Just sayin'.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
These ex-wife stories can get pretty scary.

No wonder that there are so many cases of domestic violence and superheated emotions in divorce proceedings. By the way, I'm a dedicated single and spousal relations/divorce are not something I have to deal with!!! :D

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I'd say you dodged a big bullet.
I worked with a guy who's ex came back years later, after discovering he had a 401k or some other retirement asset, and she decided she wanted it. The judge did the right thing, but it was shocking to me that he even had to respond to such nonsense.

Yep, be careful what you kick, cause you never know when you will have to kiss it. :D
I got caught in a law change. :(

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013

She has an ex business partner (owes her in the mid 5 digits) plus a former employer (owes her in the upper 4 digits) and she has yet to lift a finger to go after them so I have serious doubts she will go after me being she sees me as being worthless. :p

Odds are in a few more years she will have totally forgot I exist anyway. :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Regardless of how big of a bullet you dodged, or how legally secure you feel, being kind to your ex will never harm you.
It's not in my nature to be mean to anyone for any reason. Tough love but not deliberately mean. ;)

Granted I don't have a problem kicking pomus idiots around but hey they sort of deserve it. :D