Why perpetual motion machines don't work

Gadersd

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I finally discovered why perpetual motion machines don't work. It's those pesky laws of physics. Sure they provide us with helpful physics equations so we can simulate physics on computers, but we must get rid of them! The only way is to burn and delete every source and every reference to newton's laws of physics. Then maybe, just maybe we can make a working perpetual motion machine.

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
The first step would be to stop entropy from increasing (or is it decreasing).

I know entropy is usually calculated, but can it be measured directly, like the voltage drop across a resistor?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
We can just repeal the law that requires that it increase and pass a law that allows it to decrease.
Good luck getting Congress to agree to anything...

Maybe we could get the Supreme Court to declare the laws of thermodynamics a violation of the Constitution!:p

Last edited:

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
We can just repeal the law that requires that it increase and pass a law that allows it to decrease.
I decreed that gravity would be restricted around my bed so I wouldn't need to roll over so often. But so far it hasn't complied.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Be careful what laws you manage to ban or delete, as long you leave gravity untouched.

If my bench is a mess sometimes, it would be so forever!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I finally discovered why perpetual motion machines don't work. It's those pesky laws of physics. Sure they provide us with helpful physics equations so we can simulate physics on computers, but we must get rid of them! The only way is to burn and delete every source and every reference to newton's laws of physics. Then maybe, just maybe we can make a working perpetual motion machine.
Once there, this world is going to be a boring one! Go figure, jobless people everywhere... and you could be still driving a Ford T :p

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

Maybe we could get the Supreme Court to declare the laws of thermodynamics a violation of the Constitution!:p
That's probably the better route. After all, doesn't social justice demand that such unfair limitations imposed by the 1% be abolished?!

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
That's probably the better route. After all, doesn't social justice demand that such unfair limitations imposed by the 1% be abolished?!
How can you say it's unfair since it applies to everyone equally.
It's just that most people are ignorant of the laws of thermodynamics and they rarely reveal themselves to the majority of the population.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Electrons circle forever.

The moon circles round the earth ( almost ) forever.
That just underscores the point even more -- it is UNFAIR that electrons and moons (the ends of the spectrum) get to move perpetually. We need to empower the vast middle to share in these same rights to which they are entitled but have thuse far been denied.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008

I'm sure there are few states that would trow them out along with the theory of evolution.

We could start a movement, maybe it would never stop!