Why is there almost no information on how to connect a schematic ?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
"You" as second person plural, meaning all of us? I can assure you that is not the case. Please be more clear.

I don't detect any pro-Maplin responses in the thread. What I do wonder about is how you came to the conclusion that no software tools existed. Where did you look for them?

John

Barrythecableguy

Joined Jun 14, 2016
My mind is very open thank you, but when I ask a civil question or a make a civil comment I expect a civil response, not an obnoxious smart arse one.

Barry

Barrythecableguy

Joined Jun 14, 2016
What the F*#k are talking about ? I made a comment about Maplins customer advice department being lousy which it is, I mean this can hardly be construed as slander and somehow that seems to have turned everyone on this thread against me, the truth is the truth and if people don't like it then too bad.

Barry

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What the F*#k are talking about ? I made a comment about Maplins customer advice department being lousy which it is, I mean this can hardly be construed as slander and somehow that seems to have turned everyone on this thread against me, the truth is the truth and if people don't like it then too bad.

Barry
The only response that you've gotten regarding Maplins (that I can see) is to ask why you should expect good advice from a retail supplier. I suspect many people, like myself, had to use Google (or other search engine) just to find out what Maplins even is, since we don't have them around here. The comments you got were very civilly at pointing out very flawed approach you were taking regarding leaving components out just because you didn't see the use for them, instead of making an attempt to discover why they were their. No one had turned against you, though the attitude you are copping now may well result in people deciding that you are not worth their time.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
What the F*#k are talking about ? I made a comment about Maplins customer advice department being lousy which it is, I mean this can hardly be construed as slander and somehow that seems to have turned everyone on this thread against me,
No, it didn't. Also, if you reread this thread you will see that no one has attacked you, no one has turned against you, no one has said anything about slander, the correct term is libel, and you are *way* overreacting. The comment in post #20 (I'm guessing it is this post; your responses have been so unfocused that it's hard to tell) is weird and not very helpful, but otherwise completely harmless. If you are reacting to post 17, he is right and you are wrong. The cap on pin 5 is strongly recommended by the chip designer for a specific reason, and there is no law that says the reason has to be intuitively obvious to anyone, let alone someone who is by definition inexperienced.

You are a new guy on a question-and-answer help forum, asking a question. That pretty much defines you as less experienced than the people responding to your questions, especially people with years of experience and helpful attitudes exhibited in their past posts. Your comment about the pin 5 cap was very telling about your (in)experience and attitude, and changed the tone of this thread.

Most 555 datasheets have both a block diagram and a complete internal schematic of the chip. From these one can determine the need for the pin 5 capacitor.

ak

Barrythecableguy

Joined Jun 14, 2016
Ok then that's all that needed to be said, you response is perfectly OK but inexperienced or not I I do not take kindly to being spoken to as OBW0459 did in post seventeen. I am indeed still new to electronics I don't pretend otherwise, but if people have something to say just say it, don't insult me and act haughty.

Barry

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
And here is my messy addition:
upload_2016-7-6_17-20-52.png

The pattern is that of a typical breadboard, except the connections are soldered. I like square corners. Those two unsightly leads go to alligator clips and an antenna. BTW, the backpack on the lower right is to debounce the four switches.

:)

John