Why I like dogs better than cats

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
With all due respect, it sounds to me like you are trying to pick a fight. I urge you to reconsider, and perhaps you could try to phrase your opinions a little more politely next time. I would appreciate it.

Regards
I already sent you a message and suggested something you can do about it. I suggest you think about it very seriously, before something blows up.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I already sent you a message and suggested something you can do about it. I suggest you think about it very seriously, before something blows up.
If you'll recall, I sent you a response saying I would like to remain friends and do not wish to create any hard feelings.

I feel we've gone way off topic, and that we should probably drop this. I am sorry everyone for the disturbance.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
DerStrom8,is a very respected member of this Forum. He has been very

polite as always. I don't see any need for public drama,I don't think he

is the one looking for drama. If you want the last word,you got it. I

am standing by friend Destrom8 so he does not feel over powered.

The true friends of this Forum stand together,nothing blows up on

the Forum,people get banned.

P.S. I am a slow typer,I did mean to post after Moderator.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
DerStrom8,is a very respected member of this Forum. He has been very

polite as always. I don't see any need for public drama,I don't think he

is the one looking for drama. If you want the last word,you got it. I

am standing by friend Destrom8 so he does not feel over powered.

The true friends of this Forum stand together,nothing blows up on

the Forum,people get banned.

P.S. I am a slow typer,I did mean to post after Moderator.
I thought we were dropping it? Guess not. It's OK to stick up for your friend, but it's also OK to welcome new members and not harass them on the public forums. I urge all members who have a problem with me either put my on thier ignore list, send me a PM or ask a moderator to make a judgement call. I pick no fights, I insult no members. But I will wirte my opinions and not be intimidated.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Unless the Moderators, close this..the Moderators and the members can

watch the first Duel on the Forum,I will wait for the lock before I

post any more.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
"And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," Alice said.
"Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growl when it's angry, and wag its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I’m pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I’m mad."
"I call it purring, not growling," said Alice.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Ever owned a cat and a dog in the same house? The cat is so much smarter it just toys with the dog whenever it wants... Until it gets bored and decides a nap is a better use of its time.

Seriously there's so much difference between the abilities of a lone predator and a pack scavenger. Pack animals just don't realise they're outclassed. :)

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Actually they are both so they opportunist.
Well if we are refering to domestic breeds, then cats scavenge as well. I assumed the discussion was about the lineage of these animals. In the wild, dogs and cats are both hunters. That's not to say they never scavenge, as most hunters will when food gets scarce.

From Wiki:

Domestic dogs inherited complex behaviors from their wolf ancestors, which would have been pack hunters with complex body language. These sophisticated forms of social cognition and communication may account for their trainability, playfulness, and ability to fit into human households and social situations, and these attributes have given dogs a relationship with humans that has enabled them to become one of the most successful species on the planet today.[23]

[23] Miklosi, Adam (2007). Dog Behaviour, Evolution, and Cognition. Oxford University Press

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually a dog will eat carrion, it is in their nature.

A cat is an insectivore, that is in its.

One really huge difference between cats and dogs is cats lack the ability to synthesize certain amino acids, it must eat meat to get its supply. Dogs are much further down the path to becoming an omnivore that cats are, thanks to humans.

Still, it reminds me of a computer cartoon I saw several decades ago. A dog is laying on a log in a pound with other dogs playing in the back ground being interviewed. "Oh sure, I'll eat a potato", he says, "but I need meat! Real meat!".

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I'm a cat person.
Dogs just plain need too much attention and effort. If you aren't able to provide the attention and effort they need, you really have no business in owning a dog.

Cats are cool. They just like to hang out with people. You pet 'em a bit, play with them a little and the're good. They don't necesarily beg you to let them outside if they are an indoors cat. They sometimes do hilarious things. While they're usually much more sedate than a dog, they are never 100% predictable - which to me, makes them more interesting.

If I had to go with a dog, it would probably be a black labrador. When I was growing up, our neighbor had a couple of them - and they were great dogs.