Why force adds extra energy?

Gadersd

Joined Dec 8, 2012
The mass of the objects is 1 kg, the inertia is 1 kg*m^2, the force acting through the center of the first object is 5 N, and the force acting through the bottom of the second object is also 5 N. The position of the first after 1 second is 2.5 m. The position of the second after 1 second is the same. So the first has the energy 5*2.5 or 12.5 J. The force of the second is 2 m below the center so the torque is 10 and it rotates 5 radians after one second. The energy of the second is 10*5 + 12.5 or 62.5 J. This confuses me. Why would the second object not sacrifice linear momentum to angular momentum? How can the equal forces acting for 1 second each give more energy to the second object. Would this not violate the laws of energy conservation?

Attachments

Gadersd

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Never mind I solved the problem. The point on the second object is moving faster than the one on the first object because it is rotating. If I applied the forces with my hands, the hand on the second object would have to accelerate faster than the other one to achieve the same amount of force, thus using more energy.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If the same force is applied through the same distance, then the energy added is the same, regardless of how quickly or slowly it was done, since the energy added is equal to the work performed which is equal to the force multiplied by the distance through which it was applied, not the time for which it was applied.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
All force comes down to the fundamental force....i.e., electronic force.
All particles are electronic fast spinners.
Therefore, the rate of the applied force is the primary control and efficiency factor in every action.
Force applied at the proper rate can move mass in the most efficient way.
The proper rate of force can even change the size(mass, i.e. weight) and energy of a particle.
The size of a particle can only assume certain values because of the timing nature of the electronic force.
I would say that the timing of the applied force is the secret and unifying factor that controls the universe.
If one could control the electronic force to say....10E25 hertz....one could build custom matter.
Custom matter will allow us to create custom and controllable electronic fields like never before.
With custom matter....large tunable electronic structures could be built.
These structures might be able to tune out atomic stress and ride on EM waves.
Also with the true nature of gravity now being studied, it might be possible to manipulate gravity on a local level.

If one could vary gravity locally and had the electronics to cancel or counteract field distortion........one should be able to exceed c.
But it would have to be pre-mapped.
You could not see or detect anything in front of you.

If we could cancel the stress and distorted fields just to get to 80% of c, we could putt putt around our system quite nicely without any propulsion system. We have plenty of gravity in our system for propulsion........we just need to be able to hold the craft together and keep it from gaining mass.

And there is another path.
Inertia is an electronic force also.
Maybe controlling inertia is the same as controlling gravity from the other side.
If the phase of the inertial force could be changed......it should be possible to change position under any pre-existing force.