Why does Beats headphones cost so much?

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Hello there!!!

I was just arguing with my sister about this. She thinks that they must be good if they have such a high price. Well, I dont think so. The thing that she believes is that low cost headphones like sennheisers harm the ears while Beats doesnt.

So, can you tell me the main reasons why Beats headphones cost so high? Thanks.

PatM

Joined Dec 31, 2010
Price doesn't equate to quality.
Monster Cables , for example, are WAY OVERPRICED

It's all in the marketing and finding a gullible buyer.

rogs

Joined Aug 28, 2009
Hello there!!!
I was just arguing with my sister about this. She thinks that they must be good if they have such a high price. Well, I dont think so. The thing that she believes is that low cost headphones like sennheisers harm the ears while Beats doesnt.
Same as most 'designer label' things.....pure marketing hype!.... but it's done well, so they sucker a lot of folk into believing the 'hype', and paying way over the top...

And not all Sennheisers are 'cheap' .. their HD25 MkII phones, for example, make 'Beats' sound like toys......that's why all the pro broadcast guys and the pro DJs use them....

It all depends on whether you are more concerned with what your headphones sound like, or what they look like.....:)

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
And not all Sennheisers are 'cheap' .. their HD25 MkII phones, for example, make 'Beats' sound like toys......that's why all the pro broadcast guys and the pro DJs use them....
Actually, I meant that Sennheisers produce immensely good sound quality at very low price, which I appreciate very much. And by the way how come Senn can produce soo low cost but great headphones but Beats can't? Is it that Beats makes more profit than Senn??

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Actually, I meant that Sennheisers produce immensely good sound quality at very low price, which I appreciate very much. And by the way how come Senn can produce soo low cost but great headphones but Beats can't? Is it that Beats makes more profit than Senn??
Beats certainly can and do produce at a low cost. They just don't share their manufacturing costs with the consumer - they keep it all for themselves. There is no reason for them to share their low cost manufacturing and supply chain with you today because there is enough demand at the current price to keep them happy.

Also, don't bother convincing your sister that the technical performance of both headphones is the same. She may not put value on the same aspects as you do. You mentioned STYLE, and, just as important, is owning a popular brand name. Maybe she doesn't want to look like a 1970s DJ, she wants to be stylish.

Her spending on Beats will keep the economy rolling more than if she spends on a set of Senns. Let her spend and be happy.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Price is determined by many factors ... parts, labor, research, development, and design, marketing, et al up to the desired profit after all the costs.

Price doesn't equate to quality.
Very true.

It's all in the marketing and finding a gullible buyer.
Somewhat true

And by the way how come Senn can produce soo low cost but great headphones but Beats can't? Is it that Beats makes more profit than Senn??
It could mean Beats expenses are higher then Senn, starting with employee costs, from the top to the bottom.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Sennheiser products are not cheap. The studio grade Sennheiser headphones I bought (HD585) sold for about $400 back when I bought them. They may have low end products too, but their high end stuff is not cheap. They are without question the truest sounding phones I have ever heard so I think they are worth the money.

jaydenmoorie

Joined Nov 9, 2013
I am agree with your sister's point because cheap headphone produce low quality sound while expensive headphone like Beat produce high quality sound that is not harmful for our ears.