who was looking for voltmeters?

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Open mouth, insert both feet, chew vigorously........:D

Egad ! I really muffed this one........I better pay attention to how to chase links.

Even though, the ad does not list them as 0 - 20v meters...............whattheheck good is that anyhoo ?

Last edited:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I had one

It worked okay

Then I broke off the connector

It's not that accurate, maybe 1%

Below 7V or so, the readings go crazy - don't trust it when the backlight is getting darker.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
ah, yes here it is:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54374

Hey all, I need to get 3 AC voltmeters, 0-15 volts, 3 AC voltmeters, 1-110V, 3 AC ammeters, 0-5A, 3 DC voltmeters, 0-15 volts, and 3 DC ammeters, 0-5A.

And I would like to get these without going broke.
And I want them to match visually, not ALL of them, I just want the AC voltmeters to match, and the DC voltmeters to match, and etcetera.

Does anybody have any clue as to how to get these cheap? The cheapest I can find online is $15 a piece, so new is obviously not the way to go, since I need 15.
Thoughts?
so there's a 50% chance that this could have covered 20% of his needs, had I posted it 1.5 months ago. It was a shot in the dark...

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
If you could split the measurement input from the power input you could do more things with these. Even if they are not super accurate they are more accurate than inexpensive analog meters and are 10x cheaper.

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
I take that to mean it simply measures its own power supply input voltage. A 2 terminal device. To monitor a car electrical system it would be great. I'd like to see its circuit diagram.