who is expert in piezoelectric

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by studystudystudy, Jul 17, 2010.

1. studystudystudy

Thread Starter Member

May 21, 2010
    who is expert in piezoelectric

i doing my fyp using piezoelectric

i found many difficulty in doing this piezoelectric

does anyone of you is expert in piezoelectirc?

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    What exactly are you doing with the piezo?? There are so many things involving pieozoelectrics so why not elaborate a little more about what you are trying to accomplish??

B. Morse

studystudystudy likes this.
  3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    On another website's forum, he said for a school project he is trying to use a little piezo transducer to be bumped at a few Hz to generate electricity to lengthen the discharge time of the battery in a cell phone.

He doesn't understand that the expensive "energy harvesting IC" that is available has a max allowed input of only 500V and his piezo might produce thousands of volts but its current and pulse duration are almost nothing (maybe the IC can power a low current watch) so it might not produce a noticeable increase in the discharge time of the battery.

He asked if many piezo transducers will increase the current. But many times nothing is still nothing.

4. studystudystudy

Thread Starter Member

May 21, 2010
    i using piezo element to generated the amount of electric by applying the mechanical force, so i resign the circuit to store the amount of electric generated by the piezo.

but i found difficulty when designing the circuit,

i dont know which component to place and what value of the component should place.

but i have design a very 1st version of circuit, do you might to criticize my design?

5. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Google: piezo energy harvesting circuit
    for existing solutions and some pointers.

Ken

6. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

Can you post your circuit that you are using? and also the part number for the piezo element you are using... I need to know if you are using a piezo "speaker" or another type of piezo device such as the ones used in car alarm system referred to as Cantilever-type vibration sensors, etc.

B. Morse

7. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    One of his many threads about this "energy harvesting system using a piezo lighter" has his schematic that doesn't work. I cropped the schematic and tried to remove the Multisim chicken pox dots.

A piezo lighter produces 10,000V at almost no current. Its duration is also almost nothing.
    How will this circuit "amplify" it to be enough power to help charge a cell phone??