Who here is a psychiatrist

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Interesting report on our national newsreel other day about women and mammograms. They suggested that out of 100 women recieving regular mammograms, that 1 was saved from death, and that 10 where improperly diagnosed and treated with cancer where none exsisted. Even normal people have abnormal days.
yes there is strong evidence for this. Also there is added stress as many mammograms are inconclusive and added tests are necessary. They do not diagnose inflammatory breast cancer (not many tests do) as well as some other most invasive cancer forms. Invasive and ultimately damaging to healthy person in the long term. How can it be justified?

The alternative medicine that I prefer is what once was - a consistent relationship between a patient and a doctor where the doctor knew the patient well. Caring for one's health means knowing what is normal to your own body and what is not, for that there has to be a great deal of trust and communication between a patient and their doctor, not just batches of tests and drugs.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
Not me, but if you ever take their habit forming, brain damaging psychotropic drugs, you need your head examined--pun intended.
It'll be a cold day in hell before anyone ever talks me into trying a mood-altering prescription drug. A relative of mine is on a course of some pyscho drug, and she is definitely psycho either as a result, or in spite of that powerful medication.

I have never encountered a more vile life-form in my entire existence. She waxed the floor of the home occupied by her own aged mother, to a slippery finish intended to greatly increase the odds of a bone-breaking fall, presumably to hurry up her inheritance.

She is by far the greediest, most selfish, devious and conceited under-achiever I know of, and I will certainly file charges of premeditated murder against her if her mother does slip, fall and die on the slippery floor her own daughter flat refused to stop waxing. That same murderess-in-waiting also blocked attempts to install hallway hand-rails that her mom could have used to steady herself walking about in her home.

I knew this individual before she began taking prescription psycho drugs, and she was a certified scum-bucket then, yet that deplorable condition only intensified when she began her pill-popping regime.

Thanks to this truly horrid specimen and her bizarre antics, I know all I need to about psycho drugs, and I'd sooner play Russian Roulette with no empty chambers than try any of that chit.

/rant over

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
It'll be a cold day in hell before anyone ever talks me into trying a mood-altering prescription drug. A relative of mine is on a course of some pyscho drug, and she is definitely psycho either as a result, or in spite of that powerful medication.

I have never encountered a more vile life-form in my entire existence. She waxed the floor of the home occupied by her own aged mother, to a slippery finish intended to greatly increase the odds of a bone-breaking fall, presumably to hurry up her inheritance.

She is by far the greediest, most selfish, devious and conceited under-achiever I know of, and I will certainly file charges of premeditated murder against her if her mother does slip, fall and die on the slippery floor her own daughter flat refused to stop waxing. That same murderess-in-waiting also blocked attempts to install hallway hand-rails that her mom could have used to steady herself walking about in her home.

I knew this individual before she began taking prescription psycho drugs, and she was a certified scum-bucket then, yet that deplorable condition only intensified when she began her pill-popping regime.

Thanks to this truly horrid specimen and her bizarre antics, I know all I need to about psycho drugs, and I'd sooner play Russian Roulette with no empty chambers than try any of that chit.

/rant over
I agree and disagree. I do feel antidepressents and antipsychotics have their place, but I think their just way over prescribed. Sounds like your relative needs a lot more then a simple antidepressant, but needs an antipsychotic and beyond that fact is just a bad person. I can't say I haven't seen zoloft, or prozac work on someone. But its not a cure all for depression or normal life stress, which advertisers and the doctors want you to believe. So I think their a legit medication for a select few people, but I think their way over prescribed to anyone with any sort of normal life problem.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
The antidepressants and mood-stabilizers are out of control. There is only a handful of people who actually have clinical depression. But the pharma decided to recruit more patients. My favorite one is labeling winter blues as a disorder and prescribing antidepressants for it. Love it. When I was growing up (not here), we did light therapy, it was blue light too to get it closer to UV. If you hear about light therapy, they present it like a new invention...