Who believes in ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Maybe, the unexplained is a matter of Science, how about the fact that we will or can explain it with science. We are not to the point to be able to establish it without the proper equipment?

Maybe it lies between what we can conceptualize or create that is the problem.

I've never personally been in an experience that would say, well ya, I saw a Ghost.

But, history has many recorded and I think many are un-recorded. It only makes you think, a real mystery.

Last edited:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
http://www.rense.com/general3/uss.htm

[SIZE=+4]USS Hornet - Staff And
Visitors Report Seeing
& Hearing Strange Things

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+4]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]``I'm not a true believer in all of that stuff,'' said Alan McKean, who works at the museum. ``But I saw what I saw. One day I saw an officer in khakis descending the ladder to the next deck. I followed him, and he was gone. I have no explanation for it.''

////

[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Many think the ghosts are old sailors who may have died while serving on the Hornet, but a few spirits from other branches of the military have reportedly been spotted as well. Incidents have supposedly occurred in spots all over the ship -- ladders, decks, hangars, even in CIC, the Combat Information Center.[/SIZE]

kb50

Joined Oct 27, 2013
Yes I am a firm believer having encountered about 8-10 of them in my lifetime. I would not have believed until my teen encounter with them. Here is all I can say about that. It was around 1978 to my recall. A dark night, and it was my parents house which happened to be an old farm house.
It so happened that my bedroom was at the very top of the stairs, with the door facing the hallway at the top. In the middle of the night, I suddenly was awoken by a strong bluish light appearing around the edges of the doorway. Thinking at first it was maybe car headlights, but wondering how they could be shining up the stariway. So I got up and slowly opened the door. Almost immediately I was then pushed back onto my bed by ? and invisible force. What then appeared were 2 ghosts, both of which were the source of the light. One was that of an old man with a beard, with a cane in one hand. He was floating up the stairs but tapping the cane as he went, and yes the tapping was faint but it was there. Behind him was a somewhat stout older lady in a full length coat carring a rounded top bird cage. I was wanting to get up but was somehow pinned down to the bed and unable to speak maybe because I was simply in shock. Anyhow they passed up the stairs, turned left, and passed thru the closed door of the bedroom across the hallway. As it turns out my parents happened to at the time be remodeling that room. It had all the old wallpaper and a very old light in the cieling. After they passed thru the door, I was then released and got up. Still in shock I then went over and entered that room. I saw nothing further.
The next day however, as I was telling this to my mother, who said she thinks it was just a dream. However she then asked me how the window in that room was wide open. I said I had no idea. I had stepped into the room but did not notice it was open at all. The interesting other thing, is that from that day o9n, you could not keep a lightbulb working in that old fixture on the cieling of that room. Eventually my dad simply removed it. My belief is that the ghosts were angry with us, over the fact that they were remodeling the room.
I would still have not believed this if not for the fact, that in researching the history of the farm, revealed 2 things. A past owner who had died in the house, was a man with a beard, and in his end of days did posess a cane and was in fact blind and used the cane to find his way around the house. Also his wife, did indeed own a bird that she kept in a cage. Now none of this might not have any meaning, until a week later while us kids were roaming about the farm, stumbled across a rusty old round topped bird cage up in the edge of the woods. So from that day on, I have believed in ghosts. Have seen them, and I can say this.
Yes it appears that temperature does drop and you do get a chilling effect in a room when a ghost is making its presence.
Apptempting to encounter a ghost can result in an invisible force pushing you away from them. I have not however heard any voices or whispers. I am not saying they are not there, just that I have never heard one. There are plenty of other ghostly encounters since then that I can tell you about, as well as to go on to tell of a house that was completely haunted, as well as with my own eyes to see other ghosts engaged in various activities.
Sorry I too do not believe in electronic devices, since I know electronics enogh to say that it all could be faked especially when it comes to tv shows and such. I do not deny any of it, but unless you experience these things yourself, and have built your own devices to experience them, then there is always doubt.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I won't be willing to call them lier's but, I will say I really don't know?
An excellent point KV. That's what makes these "ghost discussions" interesting. We never know if the person giving the testimony actually saw what he or she thought they saw, or if they fabricated it, or manipulated it, or whatever. That's the problem with most "paranormal investigations" that take place. How do we know it's not all fabricated? You could argue until the cows come home, and you'll still never know for sure.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
An excellent point KV. That's what makes these "ghost discussions" interesting. We never know if the person giving the testimony actually saw what he or she thought they saw, or if they fabricated it, or manipulated it, or whatever. That's the problem with most "paranormal investigations" that take place. How do we know it's not all fabricated? You could argue until the cows come home, and you'll still never know for sure.
I don't want to perpetuate but, much is unexplained and unaccounted for, for believers and non-believers alike.

Fear, will result in a non-disclosure. Who wants to be burned at the stake?

Just saying, I have no idea. But, I try to see from someone else's perspective.

Edit. Sorry, it really is Halloween.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Yes I am a firm believer having encountered about 8-10 of them in my lifetime. I would not have believed until my teen encounter with them. Here is all I can say about that. It was around 1978 to my recall. A dark night, and it was my parents house which happened to be an old farm house.
It so happened that my bedroom was at the very top of the stairs, with the door facing the hallway at the top. In the middle of the night, I suddenly was awoken by a strong bluish light appearing around the edges of the doorway. Thinking at first it was maybe car headlights, but wondering how they could be shining up the stariway. So I got up and slowly opened the door. Almost immediately I was then pushed back onto my bed by ? and invisible force. What then appeared were 2 ghosts, both of which were the source of the light. One was that of an old man with a beard, with a cane in one hand. He was floating up the stairs but tapping the cane as he went, and yes the tapping was faint but it was there. Behind him was a somewhat stout older lady in a full length coat carring a rounded top bird cage. I was wanting to get up but was somehow pinned down to the bed and unable to speak maybe because I was simply in shock. Anyhow they passed up the stairs, turned left, and passed thru the closed door of the bedroom across the hallway. As it turns out my parents happened to at the time be remodeling that room. It had all the old wallpaper and a very old light in the cieling. After they passed thru the door, I was then released and got up. Still in shock I then went over and entered that room. I saw nothing further.
The next day however, as I was telling this to my mother, who said she thinks it was just a dream. However she then asked me how the window in that room was wide open. I said I had no idea. I had stepped into the room but did not notice it was open at all. The interesting other thing, is that from that day o9n, you could not keep a lightbulb working in that old fixture on the cieling of that room. Eventually my dad simply removed it. My belief is that the ghosts were angry with us, over the fact that they were remodeling the room.
I would still have not believed this if not for the fact, that in researching the history of the farm, revealed 2 things. A past owner who had died in the house, was a man with a beard, and in his end of days did posess a cane and was in fact blind and used the cane to find his way around the house. Also his wife, did indeed own a bird that she kept in a cage. Now none of this might not have any meaning, until a week later while us kids were roaming about the farm, stumbled across a rusty old round topped bird cage up in the edge of the woods. So from that day on, I have believed in ghosts. Have seen them, and I can say this.
Yes it appears that temperature does drop and you do get a chilling effect in a room when a ghost is making its presence.
Apptempting to encounter a ghost can result in an invisible force pushing you away from them. I have not however heard any voices or whispers. I am not saying they are not there, just that I have never heard one. There are plenty of other ghostly encounters since then that I can tell you about, as well as to go on to tell of a house that was completely haunted, as well as with my own eyes to see other ghosts engaged in various activities.
Sorry I too do not believe in electronic devices, since I know electronics enogh to say that it all could be faked especially when it comes to tv shows and such. I do not deny any of it, but unless you experience these things yourself, and have built your own devices to experience them, then there is always doubt.
Great story kb50! You could turn this into a really excellent short story, if you're so inclined. Maybe try to provide a little background story and you'd have an excellent mini-novel. Tell me something, do you enjoy writing?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Great story kb50! You could turn this into a really excellent short story, if you're so inclined. Maybe try to provide a little background story and you'd have an excellent mini-novel. Tell me something, do you enjoy writing?
KB50, if your posts were related to this, other than Electronics, I would say your not worth listening too!

But, you may fall into the Great unknown.

I won't say one way or the other.

Edit: So, I will read your story.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The problem with paranormal researchers is much the same as with many garage type energy researches, there is a lot of hokum with just a hint of truth. I place the scammer ratio about the same too. The ones who are absolutely sure are selling, and I'm not buying.

Like I said, I have had some personal (deeply personal) experiences that suggest there is something worth researching though. It is a mistake to label it, since it is tentative at best. A true scientist would never declare a theory as absolute.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Ok, after laundry, I read the story.

I will say this, my brother claims a story? He is not the type to tell a story of such detail. I've never listened to one since.

I won't go into the details, but it would be chilling for most people.

Edit: Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Edit:Edit: I suddenly realized this may be something to Graphic for some. We maybe to insensitive to other's experiences?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ok, after laundry, I read the story.

I will say this, my brother claims a story? He is not the type to tell a story of such detail. I've never listened to one since.

I won't go into the details, but it would be chilling for most people.

Edit: Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Edit:Edit: I suddenly realized this may be something to Graphic for some. We maybe to insensitive to other's experiences?
Perhaps a large, bold, red header before your post saying:

CAUTION: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
In that eBook, the "ghost" was identified as the first keeper of the light ... Neil Martin, who died on Race Rock.

The picture below is Race Rock Light ...

The author of the book heard strange unexplained sounds. The scify show "ghost hunters" also visited and "discovered" it was haunted during season 1. http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/episodes/season/s01/episode/e104/race_rock_lighthouse

As far as believing, I typically don't discount the possibility of existence.

Attachments

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
In that eBook, the "ghost" was identified as the first keeper of the light ... Neil Martin, who died on Race Rock.

The picture below is Race Rock Light ...

The author of the book heard strange unexplained sounds. The scify show "ghost hunters" also visited and "discovered" it was haunted during season 1. http://www.syfy.com/ghosthunters/episodes/season/s01/episode/e104/race_rock_lighthouse

As far as believing, I typically don't discount the possibility of existence.
Oh hey, I saw that episode! One of their better ones, I think.

I, too, do not discount the possibility of their existence, and I too have had my fair share of strange experiences, but I still can't say that they definitely exist. I am still a skeptic.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
So if you've seen or experienced things that make you not discount their existence, but you still don't believe, then what does that mean? You aren't sure you saw/experienced what you know that you saw/experienced? You don't trust yourself to interpret your experiences? You can say that you believe in ghosts; nobody here will criticize you... Or maybe they will.... Bad advice, carry on.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Perhaps a large, bold, red header before your post saying:

Ok, here goes. Not my Story.

We suddenly received a gift?........

For real the ICE Cracked in my cup as I (Spoke, Speak, Typed)

Anyway, as a Burgeoning scientist I realized the nothing of the gift? There in the house was a gift of un-known origin? To some a game, to others a demonic issuance.

Be it what is may, no thing will explain it?

Whooo hahahaha shall I go on?

Edit: To make light of it, I will try to lighten the story. This is the real thing, not in my words.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It's to much for those who are not ready to hear it.

It will be my burden.

I just knew not to say it out loud.

It will be buried in the halls of Mystery and Secrets.

Edit: For your own protection.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I described myself as not discounting because I've had no personal experiences. I've had secondary and tertiary experiences via reading and some shows which may or may not be of dubious nature.

The funny thing is I'm watching "Long Island Medium" as I type this. It's about a person who talks to those who crossed over. In a manner of speaking, they are spirits or ghosts.

It would not surprise me that the ghosts onboard the ships are pranksters. There are ample examples of sailors pranking one another ... from the ubiquitous phantom shitter to just sending newbies out for various items ... length a shoreline bucket of steam, mail buoy, et al .

Status
Not open for further replies.