Who are you?

I think no, because if the airplane is not moving, no air is moving across the wings to create a high pressure on top and a low pressure on bottom. From a point relative to the nonmoving floor, the airplane is not actually moving, since the conveyor belt is moving in the opposite direction as the plane. (Think about a treadmill) You need wind whipping over the wing to create a low pressure area under the wing to obtain lift. If the airplane isn't moving, relative to the earth, and therefore relative to the wind around it, takeoff can't occur either. Until you turn the conveyor belt off, you're just wasting gas (which is really an issue these days) and burning up your motor.

-δαηiεl

I'm Jimmy Lane, 25, Chicago, IL.

Freshman EE Student @ Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL and a professional Recording Engineer @ 35th Street Studios in Chicago, IL

I love to read(both 'real' books and web pages)
I like fast cars, and good women(or is that good cars and fast women?)
I love all things dealing with electronics, except math!!! I'm a bit scared of Calc I which is coming up this spring semester....my last math class was college algebra back in 1998....Fortunatly for me, my girlfriend Nicole is a math wizard, and my mentor/professor Dr. Alan Genis is a genius and all around helpful guy.

I think this site is super! I found it about a week ago, and immediatly went to R/S to get parts for several of the projects, esp. the music/audio related ones.

I am a musician(performance was my major during my first "go" at college)
I play all percussion, piano, and bass guitar.....very helpful to me, as I work in the music industry......I found this site through another of my favorites, www.GEOfex.com which stands for Guitar Effects Oriented Website or something close to that :)

If anyone here is into building audio/music related electronics, I'd love to talk with you, as I'm an ABSOLUTE beginner in this.

Also, anyone and everyone who could assist me in schematic reading/interpretation(specifically as it relates to a breadboard) and how to go from the schematic to an actual circuit....

Thanks, everyone!!!
Good to meet you.

Jimmy

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Electronics Tech from New Zealand since 1982
Work mainly in consumer electronics repair, also computer... with occasional radio work.

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
Hi,

My name is John Mario ...

I've worked in programming and I've had limited experience troubleshooting electronic circuits.

I could help people with electrical or electronic theory.

I am familiar with the C language and the C++ language.

I have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.

Feel free to email your questions or send me a message. If you prefer to email me at <PM me for my e-mail>, please place the words "All about circuits forum" in the title so I don't delete it.

Thanks,
John

khanh

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Welcome to Everyone;I'm from England, I'm doing undergraduate course on Automatic Control. Though, I love Electronics and can't live without it. I've read lots of books and got stuck at last; but finally I found this great forum where I can get help and share my knowledges with other people (hopefully). It'is interesting to know that lot of people here have the same hobby.

EEStudent

Joined Feb 7, 2006
Originally posted by Danielsix-five@Dec 7 2005, 01:46 PM
I think no, because if the airplane is not moving, no air is moving across the wings to create a high pressure on top and a low pressure on bottom. From a point relative to the nonmoving floor, the airplane is not actually moving, since the conveyor belt is moving in the opposite direction as the plane. (Think about a treadmill) You need wind whipping over the wing to create a low pressure area under the wing to obtain lift. If the airplane isn't moving, relative to the earth, and therefore relative to the wind around it, takeoff can't occur either. Until you turn the conveyor belt off, you're just wasting gas (which is really an issue these days) and burning up your motor.

-δαηiεl
[post=12272]Quoted post[/post]​
Hello,

I'm an EE student at Oakland University... In my 4th year but still have a ways to go... slow and steady :).

but as for that plane problem there... a plane doesn't move relative to the earth, its relative to the air arround it. the wheels are there just to hold it up while on the ground and the jets (or prop) pull it through the air (not affected by the conveyor)... you'll just burn up your bearings in the wheels really fast.

ok, thats my thought on that!

Mazaag

Joined Oct 23, 2004
Hey Guys,

I'm an Electrical Engineering student at the University of Waterloo, Canada.

I was wondering if you guys could give me advice whether I should get a masters degree or not. Is it essential to be able to get a good paying job? Is it essential if I wanted to , say after a few years in the industry, work at the R&D department of a company?

Thanks Guys

MagikBox

Joined Oct 31, 2005
Hello I'm an Sophmore in High school in this magnet school down in south Texas. you know with project lead the way and all... It's funny cause there are a bunch of professors who think us sophmores can't do digital electronics and should only be handed kits and stuff.

yasir_ali

Joined Mar 15, 2006
Originally posted by Battousai@Jan 29 2004, 10:27 AM
Briefly tell who you are. :ph34r:

I'm a senior student studying EE at UC Berkeley, specifically analog circuit design. B)
[post=287]Quoted post[/post]​
i am a student of uet peshawar pakistan

Dustooff

Joined Jun 23, 2004
Hi all,
I only discovered this site recently, have been on a some other elec forums tho.
I started into electronics as a young teenager, and got most of my grounding through experimentation, was still interested enough after high school to enroll in B.Eng, spent too much time studying things that weren't on the curriculum, and so 4 years later graduated with an associate degree, found work in the entertainment industry keeping audio gear going, got sick of that and found another job that mostly didn't involve consumer electronics which was initally automotive electronics then included agricultural and industrial control, I have fixed electronics in things like printing processors, transmission controllers on large machinery, scale and weight platforms, a lot of SMPS, other peoples test equipment, performance monitoring instrumentation on agricultural vehicles, temperature monitoring on stonemasons saw re-tipper, garage wheel-aligner/wheel-balancer equipment, diesel injector tester motor controller, autoclaves, small UPS's, metering and display panels for most any process you can think of.
I am seeing a lot more monitoring systems being based on embedded computers, this is generally a good thing from my view.
My work mantra is 'If you're a lousy engineer, then I or someone like me will have to deal with your product' , generally we don't get to see the good products, that said it is amazing the state that a user can get a piece of equipment into.

for all you guys starting out keep at it, sometimes it takes somebody else's bad idea for you to form a good idea.

and 'the secret is to bang the rocks together guys!' :cool:
AB

EEMajor

Joined Aug 9, 2006
Hello Everyone,
I just finished my AS with an emphasis in pre-engineering at a local college, and now I will be headed to the University of Utah to get my MS in EE. I just found the site, and think it is a great resource for everyone.

zJakez

Joined Oct 2, 2006
Hi all,
I'm majoring in EE (electrical engineering) and currently trying to get a BA degree, 2 more yrs to go!. I found this site while I'm searching for a chip model, and this site is really great filled with useful informations. So, here I am :)

wireaddict

Joined Nov 1, 2006
Howdy,
I'm a retired electrician and control designer. Have worked both electrical construction and maintenance; learned electronics from classes at Mott Community College in Flint, MI and also CIE [home study, industrial electronics].

Radio and electronics have been a hobby since I was about eight. Presently trying to move to TN [Tennessee] if we can ever sell our present house. Regards...

subtech

Joined Nov 21, 2006
Hello to all

I'm journeyman power lineman. Also a Substation technician, and I'm working on a protective relaymans certification. I've been an amateur radio op for about 15 yrs and I teach electrical theory to power lineman apprentices. I tore my first radio apart when I was 8 years old an I haven't stopped learning things electrical/electronic since. I'm currently working on an idea for a continuously variable capacitor for use in power factor regulation on 345,000 volt transmission lines to improve transmission efficiency.
I like to read and learn all I can about math, physics, and making electrical things better than they are presently.

Thats a little of who I am...
Who are you?