Who are you?

Perion

Joined Oct 12, 2004
Hi yaz,

_ I've been into geek stuff most of my life.

_ Served in USMC as radar technician - lotsa fun :rolleyes:

_ Went to U. Mass - studied physics and math for 3 years - ended up getting kicked out (sorta) due to being an idiot. [Too much into partying.]

_ Learned the art of reversing (de-regging) Win32 apps with various toolz (WinICE, w32dasm, etc). Hard to get a job doing that :blink:

_ Worked in industrial electronics and controls programming - PLCs, data aquisition and weird specialty stuff in old Borland Turbo C - then Turbo C++ - then MS VC++ & VB. Spent a lot of time replacing antiquated machine controls with modern programable stuff. Wrote lotsa machine control programs - most even worked :)

_ Now working for a diesal engine & transmission manufacturer keeping machines running and making improvements (hopefully). Still enjoy physics and playing with microcontrollers - currently studying PICs. Tired of PCs!

_ Like to run (about 15-20 miles/wk) and work out and read (not at the same time). Quit drinking and drugs 14 months ago (after I got out of jail :( ). Life's a lot better now.

Bye & happy holidays!
Perion

Battousai

Joined Nov 14, 2003
Welcome all the new members.

Fuzzy_logic: I went to the school of the professor who invented/came-up with the concept of fuzzy logic.

Perion- do you run 15-20 miles in shorter segments, or 15-20 miles at once? That's a lot if it's at once. I run 5 miles a day/3-5 days a week depending on my schedule.

Cyberhehe- are you in school right now?

vineethbs- if you really develop a good understanding of signal processing, then circuits and electronics becomes much easier to understand.

Martin- could always use another HAMmy. Are you still into it?

dragan733

Joined Dec 12, 2004
Hi,
there has some days as I became member of this forum and I loved this forum. I found some task of Electronics interesting for me and I like to solve them.
Else I am a Master of Electronics and my field of interesting is the Electronics digital, logic and pulsing Electronics. Else Im am from the city Skopje in R.Macedonia. I worked as a constructor of Electronics in a firm in Skopje. Now I don't work nowhere. Now I hesitate to open my firm of Electronics here in Skopje.

WildZBill

Joined Dec 18, 2004
Hi,

I'm just an old tech...

30 years ago, I joined the US Navy because I couldn't get a job that paid enough to survive. I wanted to be a Seabee and learn carpentry, but I scored too high on the tests, so they talked me into being a nuclear reactor operator.
So they spent 2 years teaching me a ton of stuff, including 8 months of electronics schooling.
Hated the Nuclear stuff, enjoyed the electronics. I learned a lot about tubes.
:D

We did actually get to learn about transistors, fairly new stuff at the time.

After I got out of the Navy, I found that they did not need reactor operators (not that I wanted to do that), and all the electronic companies were starting to use these things called IC's. Schematics were just drawings of boxes and triangles???

A few years later I got back into electronics by studying at home with a course by mail. Learned digital electronics, BASIC, and Z80 assembly language.

About 1985, moved to Silicon Valley. For about 12 years I worked at various companies, testing and calibrating a variety of things, mostly lasers.

Along the way I taught myself COBOL, C, HTML, Java, PHP, and a few other languages that I needed for a while. I also figured out things like op amps, PIC chips, stepper motors.
Currently working for a company that does vacuum brazing, no electronics needed, running a crew of 12 temps. 3 of them have BSEE's, working on their Masters.

SO, I dug out an old project of mine, and put the smartest guy to work on writing the software for me on his own time. If he succeeds, we will try to start selling the product on my website.
It is an electronics trainer, that will allow newbies to interface with an embedded computer easily to input and output digital signals, in order to experiment with any IC.
I hope to throw in a 'free' PIC programmer, and bluetooth communications if I can.

I decided to look around for electronics communities, to see what is going on, and found this place. Seems to be fun, but you need to stimulate membership. There are tens of thousands of people studying electronics all over the world, why aren't they here?
I'll add a link to here, maybe someday it will send a few people your way.

asir

Joined Aug 2, 2004
Hi pals,
I'm a Master student from Tongji University, P.R.China. Currently I'm taking internship in Microsft Research Asia.
My interests lie in both hardware and software including embedded system, analog/digital circuits, CPLD/FPGA, C/C++, Java, Assembler. Ever worked on project like wireless powering, mini projector, VoIP, a mobile phone game for Siemens, CC-link field bus and so on.

Very glad to communicate ideas with everyone here!
Merry Christmas! :lol:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Just to say hi to the new (and not so new) members here on the forums :)

It sure has developed here in the last 3 months or so, I remember joining when there were only 170 forum posts and 80 members! Hope you enjoy the forums and get the best out of your time here.

Battousai - "Martin- could always use another HAMmy. Are you still into it?"

That all depends on what you mean by "into" it. I still have my "ticket" but have had some major setbacks in the way of operating and even with my fooling around experimentally (I love theory and the practical side of trying to build stuff). Been doing much more computer lately (building on my website and trying to learn some newer stuff for it) and trying to get some other very old projects going again. Are you a Ham? Give us your call, mine is KA1RRI but don't look for me on the air right now, my station is in another house! (explaination available on request, hihi!)

HI, Dave. Good to get to know you. I'll try to check in as often as possible.

WildZBill - Your experiences are far from mine but you just sound like someone who I might have palled-around with, with all of the odd things you have found yourself doing. I think nuclear engineering is outa my league, though. Never been in the service, either, I've been classified, what is it, 4F?

Hello to all the others here, too! Good to be a part of this community. I'll try to be an asset.

Marty :rolleyes:

XMR

Joined Jan 21, 2005
I'm student of second year of Computer Physics in Theoretical Physics Institute on Wroclaw Univerisity(Poland). Programme of my faculty concerns mainly simulations of complex systems. From the next term there is only one semester long lecture of so called computer electonics (and labolatory classes)...but also 2 semsters of electrodynamics - i think this will give me wider theoretical background. Up to the present moment my conntact with electronics have been minimal, just basics of electricity and magnetism - i can help mainly/only with math.

As far as hobbies is concern, my interests include, of course, computers itself,wireless networking, applied mathematic,philosophy....secrets of the creation....and politics.
Generally i have not too much time for reading but if i have it i enjoy Sci-Fi - recently
i 've discovered Hyperion serie (by Dan Simmons).

Sorry for my English, level of teaching foreign languages on polish universities and schools is rather low.

XMR

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by manishkumar@Oct 13 2005, 02:37 PM
hi, i am looking for a friend(F),who can help me in my project. if Uknow somebody then tell me.
thanks.
[post=10969]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi manishkumar, welcome to the forums. You are advised to post your project in the Projects Forum, where you can get the wider input from the All About Circuits community.

Stephen

Joined Oct 25, 2005
I am a friend. A guardian angel. Someone to rely on.

Oh you mean ABOUT me...

Im a 7th grade student studying for no degree in praticular :p

Gorgon

Joined Aug 14, 2005
Hi Everybody,
I'm a development engineer in hardware and software, and mainly digital electronics, at least for now. I've been working with this for 30 years, the last 25 in R&D. I'm relative fresh in this forum business, but interested.

It is always fascinating to read about and try to solve 'puzzles' presented on the forum. You also learn something, every day! :D

TOK ;)

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Missed this thread..

Im 30, and as of 11/15/05 Working on MSEE at Florida Atlantic University. Doing a thesis on a control system and simulator for a new type of Desalination device. Inventor was righteous enough to add our names (2 other students on the team) to the patent for our contributions thus far.

I particully dislike EE. It was too late when I figured it out. Was just easier to get the degree and work on what I liked, programming, on the side.

My MSEE is all over the place, taking bioengineering, pattern recognition, all wacky crap. Trying to avoid the high freq amplifiers course like the plague, heh. Doing it this say because I want to get into Modeling and Simulation at Univ of Central Florida for my PhD (and be with my wife.. she's ABD in I/O Psych)

Really enjoy programming and America's Army.. helps me get through my degrees, lol.

oakeniron

Joined Nov 15, 2005
I'm an electrical contractor with a bit of a computer nerd on the side trying to design a control circuit for a new type of electric motor I've designed.

gajananrv

Joined Nov 27, 2005
Hi, I am alien to this field. However I would be happy to learn the new technology in this field as I propose to bring up some Industrial Venture /Activity to take care of my vast resources [both finanacial & intelectual] lying unused, so far. I am a Science Graduate and serving for about three decades, in the sector which isnot challenging my skills. If someone needs my association, I would be very much interested to try it out. elephanthead7@hotmail.com. All the Best for those who are reading this.
Thanks!

kurios

Joined Sep 29, 2005
well i am doing computewr engineering and my major interest is in electronics so i am here to learn some thing and share what i know :)

dougp01

Joined Dec 6, 2005
Currently I am an Electrical Engineer at a firm in Colorado USA. I've been doing the electronics thing since 1971. Mainly, I work with high energy power conversion equipment for the semiconductor manufacturing industry.

I am happy to help out where I am able and when time permits... :)

-Doug

I'm dougp01's son, going to Front Range Community College in Fort Collins, CO. Started in electronics when I wanted to stick a fork into the outlet - (just kidding). Actually, I got in to circuitry around 12 or 15 yrs. old with the memorizing of the resistor color chart. Then in high-school, I started getting involved with actually soldering stuff together.

Right now I'm aiming for a degree of Associate of Science with an Electrical engineering emphasis to transfer on to a University somewhere. Currently, I'm taking Calc.-based physics, calc 1, and that's all that's really relevent. Next semester, I'll be starting in with cool stuff like calc 2, basic programming, etc. Then I hope to get into basic electronics. Not very impressive (yet).

Any help tips will be great. Least I can do is come up with some questions some time.

- δαηiεl pθωεll

(Here's a little physics question that one of my fellow calc 1 classmates had (if one thinks about it, the answer is pretty obvious). =>If an airplane was rolling on a conveyor belt at the same speed as the conveyor belt was rolling in the opposite direction beneath it, would the airplane take off?)