White Noise Generator

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Katk, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Katk

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Hello,

I have to buld a white noise generator for school. I'm going to do it after this circuit:

[​IMG]

But I have to show how I calculated all of the components values aswell in my work. And that's my question. Does anybody know how I can actually calculate the values of the components in the circuit (resistors and capacitors)? And also what would happen if I would change the values of some of the components.

I could use all your knowledge about noise generators.

Help appreciated:rolleyes:

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. Katk

Mar 14, 2011
  4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

When you read the text around the picture, you will know about the circuit.

What will be the intended use of the noise generator?
    For audio testing you will need an other circuit as for RF testing.

Bertus

5. Katk

Mar 14, 2011
    Hello again.

I've got some new questions now. What do all these capacitors and resistors give me in this schematic? I know the left side of the schematic is the noise source and the right side is the amplifier, but what does each capacitor and resistor do? Why are they good in this circuit and what would happen if I'd leave them out?

Thanks.

6. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    You HAVE to build a white noise generator FOR SCHOOL.

???

Ask the teacher of your class. If he expects you to build a circuit and has not taught you the basic function of the parts of a circuit...he is not doing his job. Tell him that.

I rather suspect, he has taught you but you were not listening and now expect someone else(us) to do the skull sweating and hand holding with you.

Ask the teacher to explain the workings of a resistor and a capacitor...tell him you were not paying close enough attention in class the first time. Or consult with the text book. It is an item used by teachers and issued by schools.