which sotware is used

diablo39

Joined Sep 23, 2011
hello new here,

could please help in the link is project done using microcontroller which sends data to pc, then software is used to display this data and also control game function.

http://jmtc.ls1howto.com/

I have emailed the guy to ask him what software he use to display data and game development software.

He has not got back, so my question is.

1 what software has he used or could be used to develop such good interface.

2 Also is the bike model (animation) developed in seperate packagee such as maya or 3ds

3 also how would data be collected.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It appears that he's written everything; from the microcontroller code to the PC interface, along with the sim software on the computer.

I wouldn't be surprised if he used C++ on the PC, and C with some assembler on the uC.

He won't be motivated to tell you how he did everything, as if there is enough people interested in the project, he may try to market it commercially. He's just giving some general information on the project.

diablo39

Joined Sep 23, 2011
yes i think your right, i think he used c++ and i think bike animation is done in maya or 3ds, i think graphics are from games development engine such as direct3d, XNA, or open GL using c++.

but my knowledge on graphics and games engines are none so am unsure, i llike the pc side of things very profressional, i dont know if it possible to do such graphics in just c++.