Which kit with HEF4066 and HCF4017 is in this black box

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by froggfish, Feb 8, 2012.

1. froggfish

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Does anyone recognize which kit is mounted in this homebrew black box?

On the front there are 4 leds, a switch (3 positions) and a potmeter (470k) mounted. At the back there are a jackplug for power, a switch (3 positions), one chinch female and a 4x chinch female socket. The print is marked with the code VS7.

There a two IC's used, a HEF4066, a HCF4017 and a 555 The line of 4 transistors are 547c's and the line of three transistors are one 547c and two 557C's.

any idea?

2. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Welcome to AAC!

I couldn't find the manufacturer, but I found a schematic that looks close: http://electronics-diy.com/electronic_schematic.php?id=107.

The link shows a stereo audio selector while what you have appears to be a mono audio selector. I think if you take out IC4 and IC5 (along with all parts on IC5), you'll have the schematic for your board.

I did a quick search on Velleman and Ramsey as they are dominant (at least in the U.S.) for electronic kits, but didn't see anything. You might look at Jaycar too.
  3. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    The PCB was made to fit the box; note the notch out of the PCB for the box's mounting boss.
  4. Experimentonomen

Feb 16, 2011
    I think this might actually be a video switcher considering the pot on the front panel which likely adjusts the speed at which the selector switches channel.

If it was for audio, i'd say you'd have a button to cycle through the channels manually.
  5. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

As said, it looks like an video switcher.
    I think of that because there are 75 Ohms resistors near the clinch busses.

6. froggfish

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Wow, thanks for the reply. It helps to do a bit of re-engineering. So the switch could be possible left zero right in the case of audio. I will also compare it with the schematic of electronics-diy.com. I'll be back.

Thanks so far, and still open for more suggestions.