Which has the best wireless?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by nanobyte, May 4, 2010.

1. nanobyte

Thread Starter Senior Member

May 26, 2004
    If I was interested in obtaining wireless internet....In your opinion who provides the best wireless internet service? Verizon, AT&T...Clear?

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    What are your full choices? In my area of SW Lorain County, OH, ATT is not even an option -- no coverage. A private service with repeaters on silos, etc. provides the best and least expensive service.

John

3. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    ATT by far. Speeds great, coverage is even better. I've also hear good things about verizon but haven't use it. I know its supposed to be a touch slower though.

4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    AT&T is probably the worst rated wireless internet. The IPHONE traffic has sucked bandwidth dry. AT&T is talking about limiting IPhone owners bandwidth or charging for it, just to help with congestion.
    Sprint is alright in my area
    Verizon is alright in my area, too.
    TMobile is horrible.
    We have Cricket which is pretty good too.

I would go to the websites of the various providers and look at the coverage maps in your area. If you see a big gaping hole over your house, or where you plan to spend most of your time online, I would keep looking.

via New York Times:

5. ELECTRONERD

May 26, 2009
    Verizon has excellent coverage for me. I previously had Quest and wasn't able to communicate outside of the two mountains that I live in between of, but now Verizon will let me communicate outside those mountains.

Austin