Which DIY Method For Home Made Wind Power

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
I think you should be asking the sites you posted here. After all, they actually made wind turbines that work. That means they did the research and they have the answers. It seems like asking the people who already did it would be more effective than asking people who haven't done it.

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
You're welcome to check back and see if anybody answers. I'm just surprised that you have excellent sources and then asked a random collection of people.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Bychon is right about checking on the linked sites.

I have spend many a hour designing my turbine. I have come across much information that was disappointing. Ill give you a quick primer.

You have to have your areas wind numbers before you can do much of anything.

Your average wind speed and max average gusts will play the BIGGEST roles in which prop design and which generator you choose.

If you are serious, get a data collecting anemometer. This is a wind speed gauge you can set up in the location you wish to build the turbine.

This will give you the info you need to get the answers you want.

You have to be able to ask:

At x average wind speed, what diameter rotor will rip the whole thing off and send it beaming into my neighbors house? :)

So, you really have to take the first step. It is actually really easy from there.