which compiler should i use that support sin cos tan functions?

dreamcatcher

Joined Jan 5, 2010
Hi every body,

I want to build a robot that can go to any coordinate that you'll give it and avoid any obstacle,
but the problem is that i need tan, sin , cos .... functions.

which PIC microcontroller is suitable for this aplication and which compiler do you advise me to use?

thank you very much :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
In order to develop with PIC microcontrollers you need a programmer/debugger. Then you should find out which PIC microcontrollers your programmer is compatible with. Take this list and compare it with your favorite component pusher(s) assortment range. Then you have done this please post your list here.
Good luck

Tahmid

Joined Jul 2, 2008
Hi,
I mostly use mikroBASIC compiler from mikroElektronika and that supports trigonometric functions. So does mikroC and mikroPASCAL. I don't know about other compilers as I never looked for or really needed trigonometric calculations to be done by the PIC.

steinar96

Joined Apr 18, 2009
worst case scenario look up taylor series for the trigeometric functions and implement them in the pic with the precision you require. If you know the precision you require you can find out how long the series needs to be.

dreamcatcher

Joined Jan 5, 2010
thank you very much for the answers.

I've downloaded the demo version of mikropascal, and by taking a look at the manual i've seen that there is no trigonometric functions but i think that even pascal uses libreries, I'm i right?

I know pascal more than basic and C language since i've been using it but for computer programing, but this is the first time that i use it for PIC programming.
for PIC i use assembler to prgram them but for simple programs.

I think that i'm going to use PIC16F877 to drive two stepper motor and do the calculation of the coordinate at real tim