which companies design electronic modules.

olasesi

Joined Mar 19, 2013
I need to construct a circuit that takes in 3-3.7V, 2amps and outputs 5V, 1amp....instead of going through the stress of the common local etching, drilling and the rest of a copper clad...I would prefer to consult companies who takes in your design, comes up with possible circuits and design the module in line with your specifcations e.g length of circuit board etc...so that I can then embed that into whatever I intend to design...a company that would basically help u construct and produce the circuit (mass production)...
...Anyone who know such companies should pls let me have their web address....thank u as I expect your responses.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I was going to suggest that Texas Instruments has a converter calculator on the Internet, and provides proper printed circuit boards for some of the designs, but it seems you need more service than that.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
As Maxheadroom said you can buy them very cheap.

Ebay has a number of ready made 3.3v to 5v DC to DC converter modules.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Unless you absolutely HAVE to have something that isn't already available or are going to be making literally millions of whatever it is, you would be well served by taking the time to look for what is available COTS (commercial off-the-shelf). One place to get started is the Digi-Key or Mouser website. That will let you search through what is available. You can also identify some of the manufacturers and go to their websites to see their full range of products and whether they do custom designs, if that turns out to be what you need.

Taking a product from design to production is expensive and how expensive it is depends on what you are doing. If you are embedding this into a medical device, that is a whole different level of hell compared to embedding it in a coffee pot (though consumer electronics is not a piece of cake, by any means).