Where to sell vintage test equipment and electronics

PeninsulaTest

Joined Apr 17, 2012
We recently purchased 100 vintage electronic and test equipment items from the estate of Mr Monroe Postman. I would like to sell the whole lot to 1 buyer instead of listing each item on E-Bay. Any suggestions?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Feedback and Suggestions Forum for providing feedback and suggestions about All About Circuits, including corrections to the e-book. This forum is not for getting help with technical questions.
This was neither feedback nor a suggestion, so I have moved it to a more appropriate forum.

I would try contacting your local amateur radio club myself. Those guys love old equipment, and most of it would be parted out to someone who wants it.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
In some parts of the world, certainly in the UK, USA and some European countries there are forums which deal specifically with vintage electronics.

You might try a web search for such forums in your region - such organisations might well be able to help you dispose of this equipment. For instance, it is not unusual for this type of setup to organise periodic sales or auctions.

K7GUH

Joined Jan 28, 2011
FWIW, I doubt you can sell it all as one lot, unless you are willing to let it go for a pittance. You will have to study up on what vintage equipment is going for on qth.com and qrz.com. Don't believe the asking prices on e-bay, they will only mislead you. A local ham club can be helpful, but if you tie their hands by insisting on maximum dollar for each item, plan on storing them for a long time. Your other option is to take the items to local hamfests and swap meets. I'd like to think you will meet a lot of interesting people, but make no promises.