Where to put the switch?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I might be want to make my circuit goodly and nice. So, even though it is a *nothing* OR *whatever* question. I should ask it.

I am confusing where to put the switch.

I made an image about my circuit. The circle means the bulb (device), the first box is the switch, the second box and the largest box is the battery. *See the attachment*

So, I made two switch, right? Now, choose only one. Where to put the switch in the left or right wire?

Also, I don't know what is the + and - minus of bulb. Can you teach me so I can connect it on the battery correctly. Anyway, I know that wherever you put it, it's okay. But I want more correct.:)

Any help? Thanks!

Attachments

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
if your bulb is an incandescent one the polarity is irrelevant for its functionality. However, for safety reasons I am sure that the positive wire would connect to the bottom/center and the negative would connect to the side/the screw. This way if you did touch the side or screw section of the bulb while unscrewing you would be far better grounded that if positive were there.

As far as the diagram, it would be easier to read for most if you posted the image in .jpg or .png format.

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It does not matter which wire you switch.

The circuit does not care.

Either way, you are pulling a wire off the battery.