Where to order custom PCB?

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Scalpel78, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Scalpel78

Thread Starter Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Hi, I'm looking for a cheap place to order custom PCBs. I live in Europe.

I've tried searching the net for different PCB providers, but it seems like a jungle out there, and it's not easy to see which one to use.

Which PCB suppliers do you use for your designs?

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
  3. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    I buy from pcbcart.com in China, you need to order at least 5off to amortise the tooling and shipping costs but larger volume prices are very good. I have used pcbcart for about 8 years and they are very good, please note I do not work for them and will not benefit from any pcb orders you make in any way.

4. Scalpel78

Thread Starter Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Thanks for those two tips. Any others?

I'm primarily looking for a place where I can buy a low number of boards (optimally just a couple) for my own robotics.

mitchelectronics.co.uk looks interresting, but when it's just one student working on the holidays with this I'm kinda deterred. Maybe I shouldn't be?

pcbcart.com looks good also. A bit boring webpage. Had I just came across it I would have just surfed on to the next site. Hopefully their boards are better than their webpage.

For now I'm trying to learn Eagle. Is that the preferred, free/lowprice, circuit board designer? I see there is a free alternative called Protel as well?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I wouldn't doubt Mitch. Look at the samples he's showing. Some of the cleanest work I've ever seen.

6. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm curious, how big are the boards. I make my own boards, and I've actually made some PCB for some members.

I have some pictures here.

(I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder...)

7. Scalpel78

Thread Starter Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Well, actually, I haven't made the designs yet. But they are going to be small. Probably around 5cm x 5cm.

I actually made my own PCB's around ten years ago while I was studying rocketscience in northern Norway. We made the designs, created the boards, soldered the components, created the software and stuck them inside the Sidewinder missile as part of our main thesis.

But, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, and I feel like a newbie when I now research what it takes to get back into electronics :)

8. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    You should have notified the authorities...:)

Black brant scare

Still in Norway?

9. Blackbull

Jul 26, 2008
    Scalpel78 I can recommend Nerdegutta - I take it you are Norwegian also - Blackbull.

10. John P

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2008
    I always recommend Gold Phoenix in China. They have a deal where they'll make 100 square inches of board for $100, though if you want more than one design per panel, they add $30 (double sided, silkscreen one side only). Or if you can put together a 155 sq in (1000 sq cm) order, it's only $10 more. My experience is that the quality is excellent, and you're likely to get some number of extra boards free. The price includes FedEx shipping, and they've sent me my boards in about 10 days. All you need to send them is a ZIP file containing the Gerber files for your board, and Paypal information.

http://www.goldphoenixpcb.com/singlepage.php?tg=specialprice

I know what we all want is one board, most likely not very big, but the economics of doing that are just not very favorable. Nobody wants to make a single board that's just a few square inches.

11. Scalpel78

Thread Starter Member

Aug 11, 2013
    nerdegutta, I was at Andøya a couple of years later, so the black brant scare wasn't my fault :)

Yup, still in Norway. I worked at Alcatel Space a couple of years. Did soldering on 16-layer PCB used in the INMARSAT 4 satellites. That was fun :) But after Alcatel Space was shut down in Norway I switched over to IT, and haven't touched electronics much since.

I'll see what kind of designs I end up creating, and maybe I'll ask you to create the PCB :)

12. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    If so, I'll be happy to help.:)

13. BreadboardKiller

Jul 19, 2015
    I know it's a little late as this convo was from a few years ago but I thought I'd mention Breadboard Killer's PCB manufacturing service. You can upload your designs and check the gerbers on the site before ordering to ensure there are no mistakes. The site can also be used as a gerber-checking tool in itself if you create an account and upload a design.

The link is https://www.breadboardkiller.com.au.

Hope this is helpful!

14. evan_wang

Apr 27, 2015
    Hello Sir ,

I can help you with the pcb produce , at very good cost.

15. ovpcb

Aug 12, 2015
    Hi ,

I can help..:)If you are interested, let's talk more details.