Where to get this object?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by papir76, May 23, 2014.

1. papir76

Thread Starter New Member

May 23, 2014
    Hello!

I borrowed some lighting equipment and I managed to break this little thing off that holds the bulb in the socket that it would be attached to, and now the lamp doesn't work. I went to local electronics shops and tried searching in online stores with no luck. Could anyone please tell me what specifically do I need to search for or maybe where to get it? The two things that broke at the top should be full circles. It is an ES27 bulb.

Thanks in advance

2. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    you will have to get the bulb, the thing broken off is the screw in base that should be permanatly attached to the bulb.

3. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    No, I think that's the threaded contact inside the lamp socket. Those are not available as a replacement item. You will have to purchase a replacement socket. Can you post a photo of the device showing the socket that it came out of?

Ken

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Those tabs look like bayonet slots that got buggered. Is this some sort of adapter from bayonet to ES27?

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    My guess too, a size of E.S. lamp base.
    Max.

6. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    They look like contact tabs that were riveted to the plastic socket base assembly. Looks like their lamp base was stuck to that part, and it was ripped loose attempting to unscrew the lamp.

Ken

7. ErnieHorning

Apr 17, 2014
    It looks like a really cheap socket that was meant to be low or never serviced. The mounting looks like it was doomed to failure.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    What? A lamp that doesn't have enough strength for you to replace the light bulb? That's really bad!

Anyway, another vote for KMoffet. I agree, that's the liner out of a lamp socket. Not likely to ever get it back in. Probably have to buy the lamp socket.

9. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    The problem is that the cheaper variety are not made to decent specs, plus if it was in an environment where the lamp should be in a enclosure to avoid contamination, it is no wonder.
    Max.

10. inwo

Nov 7, 2013
    It looks repairable to me. (solderable)
    Not worth repair, but if there is a reason socket can't be replaced?

Last edited: May 23, 2014