where to find free bldc motor with hall effect sensors

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
Hey guys!

i have seen on the internet that dvd/cd roms has a bldc motor inside them but I cant get a detailed webpage that indicates if they have hall effect sensors inside them. You guys know where i can salvage low power bldc motors with hall effect sensors included on them?

reason for asking is I am interested in bldc motor control and I want to test my circuit first with lowe power apps rather than a high power app..

thanks XD

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Some devices that have bldc motors are really cost optimized in their assembly. For example, the disk drives you mention have motors that are literally built into the chassis of the drive. Some coils and a magnetized platter with a top plate and bearing holding it all in place. In other words, there is no motor that you can pull out of a bluray player and expect to mount it into another project.

gusmas

Joined Sep 27, 2008
Some devices that have bldc motors are really cost optimized in their assembly. For example, the disk drives you mention have motors that are literally built into the chassis of the drive. Some coils and a magnetized platter with a top plate and bearing holding it all in place. In other words, there is no motor that you can pull out of a bluray player and expect to mount it into another project.
I dont want to physcally use it in another project. just want to test my driver circuit on the motor inside. like cutting the 3 phase wires inside the drive that goes to the internal motor controller, and then connecting the 3 phase wires that goes to the actual motor to my driver circuit.

Hope you understand

Last edited: