Where to buy strips of copper

Razor Concepts

Joined Oct 7, 2008
I'm looking to purchase a roll of copper strip, anyone have an idea where is the cheapest place for this kind of stuff? Can't have adhesive (tape). Thanks :D

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What thickness? Good building supply stores have copper roof flashing. I think it is around 12 to 16 mil. Hobby shops have 0.025 in the K&S metal racks. 0.025 can be cut on a good shear, but is just a little too tough for hand snips, if you want a smooth edge. I generally saw complex shapes and file to final shape.

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Copper is also used by hobbyists. I don't remember what the hobby is called, but you can mold copper over forms to make pictures. Hobby Lobby and other similar stores should have copper foil in stock.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
You can also get copper and aluminum foils in varying thicknesses at artist supply stores.

You'll get better answers if you specify what you're looking for (e.g., give the thickness, width, and length needed). I've got a pretty large roll of some copper and might be willing to make a trade if you lived nearby.

Oh, also check to see if you have a Metals Supermarket nearby. They might have something appropriate. Also check your local phone book for metals suppliers -- our local brass supplier also handles copper.