Where to buy oscillator chip?

kfc123

Joined Jun 21, 2010
Hello guys, :D

Where to buy a sine wave oscillator chip? What would be the model?
Specs: +-5V (10V peak-to-peak), 5kHz, single power supply of 24VDC
Best if it is cheap and reliable.

Thanks !!

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I think this has been gone over before. You can easily male the oscillator from just about any op amp. If you include the lamp (the non-linear element), you obtain a really good sine wave output.

Your requirement are in conflict, though. You with a 24 volt single supply. Many op amps can work with a single supply, but you will have to check data sheets for ones that can use that level. And you want a bipolar output of + & - 5 volts. The op amp will have to have a bipolar supply to make the negative output voltage.

I use a dual op amp with an adjustment pot on the oscillator side for setting the frequency, and a level pot feeding the other side to adjust the output level. The op amps operate on +/- 12 volts.

kfc123

Joined Jun 21, 2010
I think this has been gone over before. You can easily male the oscillator from just about any op amp. If you include the lamp (the non-linear element), you obtain a really good sine wave output.

Your requirement are in conflict, though. You with a 24 volt single supply. Many op amps can work with a single supply, but you will have to check data sheets for ones that can use that level. And you want a bipolar output of + & - 5 volts. The op amp will have to have a bipolar supply to make the negative output voltage.

I use a dual op amp with an adjustment pot on the oscillator side for setting the frequency, and a level pot feeding the other side to adjust the output level. The op amps operate on +/- 12 volts.
Thanks but I would like a chip which takes in 24VDC and generates a sine wave with +-5V and 5kHz (output) on osilloscope, as simple as that. The design of the chip can be Wien Bridge method, phase oscillator, etc etc. OSC1758 is my choice but unfortunely it is obsolete. Can I have other models (any company...as long as I get a sine wave of the above requirements)? As cheap and reliable as possible.

In between, can I use a DC to AC converter which converts a 24VDC single power supply to a sine wave of the above requirements? If yes, what would be the model? Any models will do, as cheap and reliable as possible.

Thanks very much !!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Digikey.com or mouser.com, are a few companies.. Do searches for signal generators or function generator ICs

You should be able to find a few.

Javafiend

Joined Aug 3, 2008
Hello guys, :D

Where to buy a sine wave oscillator chip? What would be the model?
Specs: +-5V (10V peak-to-peak), 5kHz, single power supply of 24VDC
Best if it is cheap and reliable.

Thanks !!
Hey KFC Have some questions, What is you max THD? What is you max Freq shift? and what is the use for this? Is there some reason that you cannot use a Circuit instead of a chip? Is there Some reason that you cannot use a 1 chip IC for your freq gen, and use a Class A amp to pump up the power??

"Have you Hugged your NSA Today??"