Where is MAX HEAD ROOM when you need it

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I was told of a case (in a different place), where a truck became wedged under a bridge. The "officials" were gathered around discussing how best to remove the truck. As the story goes, a child ask why they don't just let some air out of the tires. They did that and they were able to remove the truck...

This bridge clearly needs to have a warning indicator installed to warn drivers of when they lack clearance (headroom).

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Or people certifying overpasses based on the vertical drop without considering the wheelbase of some vehicles. I have seen the results twice in Cleveland in the years I have been here.

John

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It has nothing to do with technology. It has to do with people being idiots and not reading signs! :p
Hey, if they can do it on the R.R. they can do it in the street.
They are talking now about self driving cars, what about including this issue?
Max.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Google intelligence for reading and understanding signs would be an improvement over what we see daily from many Cleveland drivers.

John

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
How timely... This happened here in Denver just a day or 2 ago. The driver was hauling a large piece of construction equipment. He damaged 3 bridges and never stopped! There are pictures of his rig so there is some chance of finding him. It will really be interesting to find out what he was thinking -- if he was.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
There was a situation a year or so ago in Washington (state). A truck driver was carrying a wide load, hit several of the supports, and the bridge collapsed. Naturally, he claimed he didn't do it (and his Wife said he was too good of a driver to do such a thing)... Some cars ended up in the river but, fortunately, no one was killed.