Where does one get a 100GΩ resistor?

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I wasn't hijacking the thread. The original post said that the resistor was 1E+11, or 100GΩ. I would have thought that the leakage across the PCB would have been near that figure.

I once had problems finding 100MΩ resistors, but that was about 40 years ago.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I once made some very high resistance bleeder resistors by painting resistive ink on the glass bulb of CRTs. You can buy resistive inks in a wide variety of resistances then adjust the dimensions of the resistors and the viscosity of the ink to obtain the desired resistance. Not nearly as easy as it might sound.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It was never a real problem - it was a rhetorical question on another thread that a mod decided was a hijack and moved to this new, non-value-added thread.
When the mods do this they should add an explanation of what was done. They used to do this when making a move.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Here is the original post on the board:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/please-id-this-compnent-cap.124418/#post-1024242

The OP commented that he had a 1E+11 Ω resistor on his circuit. I was just curious as to where one would get such a diode. Reading the use, I assume that the precision is fairly high (0.5% or better), so that would rule out Q&D solutions.

My question was considered a hijacking and thus this spin-off posting.

For those of you who just skim the post, I DO NOT NEED A 100GΩ RESISTOR!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Then what was this about in post one?

Where does one get a 100GΩ resistor?
It's a question without further explanation on which in normal conversational English carries the strong implication of you likely needing one. :(

Poor writing skills on your part does not imply poor reading skills on our part. :rolleyes:

Same with a thread being a branch off of another thread. If it was not specified that it's a break off from another thread and no link is given how are we to know the proper context of the first post? o_O